Senior Manager - Corporate Tax Generalist (PwC Acceleration Center Kuala Lumpur)
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow. It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible. Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You’ll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realizes they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in the area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Demonstrates intimate knowledge of the tax issues facing multinational US companies or publicly traded entities, especially in the areas of tax compliance and consulting services tailored to organizations with domestic operations with the goal of tax minimization.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Extensive technical skills in tax accounting and financial reporting. Comprehensive technical skills working with tax tools and resources including tax provision and compliance software such as Corptax, OneSource, or other similar platforms.
- Experience identifying and addressing client needs: developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection.
- Experience as a team leader: leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
- As a tax technical team leader generating new business, proposal writing and delivery, collaborating across engagements and business units. Identifying opportunities to provide additional services with experience utilizing a CRM system in a professional services firm to network, develop relationships and sell additional/new services.
Utilizing automation & digitization in a professional services environment, including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leveraging data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- Transforming the business by creating capacity and delivering an enhanced employee and client experience.
- Evaluating and negotiating new and existing contracts, as well as leveraging pricing tools to contribute to pricing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and/or professional qualification.
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5 year(s)
- Certification(s) Required: Chartered Accountant or equivalent (such as ICAEW / ACCA / MICPA-CAANZ/ CPA Australia).
- Oral and written proficiency in English required.
- Strong leadership, teamwork and client servicing skills.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written English.
Additional Application Instructions
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM onwards (or equivalent)
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Click on this link to know more about PwC's Acceleration Centers.
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree - Accounting
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.