Team Leader - Billing Transformation : Datahub Analyst
Functional Job Title: Billing Transformation – Datahub Analyst – Team Lead
Reports to: BTP AVP/Sr. Manager
Department/ Division : Controllership, Bangalore
State Street has established a Global Billing Function under Controllership, which is responsible for client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation. Global Billing Function is in the process of migrating to a new technology platform which will be used for all business units and regions.
Basic Purpose of Job:
The Datahub Analyst Team Lead will perform a dual role. One being a business analyst and will work on discussion/documentation of new business requirements or change to existing requirements (along with the In-Market Team in USA). Second being the test lead for any Datahub related BUAT activities (Preparation of Test Plan, Test Data, Test cases/ steps and to execute them during the BUAT period of that release) to support/test the changes due to new requirements in the Datahub and the downstream billing system of ORMB.
The Datahub Analyst team lead will perform the following functions ( Not restricted to the below) :
- Analysis of new requirements as they come in from the Business Team.
- Document procedures and checklists to control activities and report status
- Provide subject matter expertise on Datahub related questions/clarifications and handle escalations
- Support process improvement to enable increase velocity in all related processes
- Perform day to day activities of identified BTP Datahub BUAT team to write BUAT test cases, execute them and document the findings.
- Work with project managers to managing project deliverables and priorities with relevant key stakeholders
- Providing senior subject matter expertise and guidance to the data Hub Testing team and collaborate with upstream and downstream business/IT teams during Requirement and Testing phases of the projects.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Finance, 6-9 years of progressive experience in Data analysis, Accounts receivable, banking areas with major financial institutions Financial Planning & Analysis in a global setting
- Experience in billing processes.
- Exposure to Financial services industry
- Complex operational setting involving analysis of financial data
- Knowledge on business or technical migration/conversion processes will be an added advantage
- Experience of Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) application an advantage
- Variance analysis of reference and financial data and reporting of insights
- Expert in SQL. Ability to read/write/enhance/reuse queries to support the job as needed.
- Tableau – good to know. Not Mandatory.
- Python – good to know. Not Mandatory.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both internal and external
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Ability to work on multiple topics in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Strong Analytical skill setused for financial data comparisons, reconciliations and investigations
- Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines within program schedule
- Detailed orientated with ability to consistently and accurately execute against operational processes and controls
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and demands
- Strong communication skills with ability to participate in or lead conference calls
- Pride of ownership with the ability to drive results within the Business
- Solid business knowledge as it relates to the financial services industry including Financial product and institution knowledge
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Attention to detail, ownership and accountability
- High level of initiative and ownership
- Positive attitude and a strong team orientation
- An organized, self-starter, with a history of contributing to a successful, diverse team
- Demonstrated experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence across siloes and motivate key partners
- Committed to risk excellence, with strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude