Finance Reporting MI Analyst
We are looking for an experienced MI Analyst to be able to provide informed insight by means of reporting / dashboards and deliver high quality financial analysis and support on behalf of the Cash Accounting department. You will be responsible for analysing financial and non financial data, performance, risks and issues to identify underlying business trends or themes that need to be addressed and putting forward suggestions and solutions to the Projects and Reporting Manager.
With this in mind we would like someone who is an excellent analyst with experience using SQL and Excel along with strong communication skills to be able to explain the data to stakeholders.
About the role:
- Influencing Senior Management through verbal and written communication and challenge business decisions in relation to Cash Accounting
- Acting on information requests from the business e.g. weekly payment stats and new payment launches, Customer Behaviours stats with a timely response to Senior Management
- Effectively bring together a range, and variety, of source information and data to highlight business issues and potential options to help resolve or to mitigate a risk
- Producing high quality MI for the Cash Accounting department and reporting of operating trends to team members, stores and management, based on sound data analysis
- Making suggestions and developing solutions to support continuous process improvement within the Cash Accounting department
- Implementing best practices for data collection and analysis
- Pro-actively building knowledge and skills of self and others in relation to Cash Accounting and training team members in SQL
- Working closely with each of the Cash Accounting team on an ad-hoc basis as well as monitoring continual trends
- Communicating openly and effectively; ensuring that messages are clear and concise; and adapting content and style to help others understand
- Undertaking thorough testing and exception reporting to ensure the integrity of transactional data used for Cash Accounting reporting
- Creating presentations by pulling data and relevant information together and putting in presentation form using PowerPoint
- Working closely with your Manager, IT and business users to define data needed for Cash Accounting projects and assignments as needed
- Owning the resolution of specific and on-going issues and problems to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- Developing, testing and sharing new analytical methods and practices
- You will be able to document your work comprehensively and take into account the need to support your work by other team members
- Code proficiently in T-SQL skills (related tools (SSMS 2012 +, SSRS) Power BI experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (esp. MS Excel and Power Pivot, (VBA & MS BI Tools would be a nice to have)
- Proven experience of analysing large quantities of data with strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box and can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organisation skills
- The ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal skills with exceptional customer relationship skills
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt to the changing business needs
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.