Finance & Business Maanagement - Legal Finance EMEA - Associate
Reporting to the EMEA Legal Finance manager, the core role will be to assist with providing support to the Global Legal Finance Department in the following capacity:
- Support the EMEA Legal Finance manager with driving and assisting with the implementation of key business and strategic initiatives for Legal
- Ensure and manage robust governance processes and procedures.
- Organize and manage relevant regional forums/meetings, as required
- Proactively and on request provide strategic analyses to facilitate business progression
- Build effective relationships and work closely with the Senior Legal Finance teams, Legal Management team and the Lines of Business
- Actively contribute ideas and engage with the Legal, Finance and the line of business communities in the region and globally
- Contribute to key Legal projects, including strategic, control, technology, and expense related initiatives
- Assistance with providing guidance on process improvements, including technology enhancements relating to Legal Finance tools
- Support to drive Outside Counsel accountability whilst continuing to partner with Outside Counsel Value Management (OCVM) team to drive down OC expenses on litigation and transactional spend
- Understanding of External Spend financial / pipeline data and review of underlying information on a periodic basis, in collaboration with functional partners
- Become the SME of regional nuances, as well as specific line of business processes, relating to external spend
- Lead and/or assist with projects related to expense and Legal Finance technology initiatives across Legal.
- Manage and complete ad hoc financial analysis and provide answers to management queries, when necessary
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Pro-active and problem-solving mind-set with ability to identify, clearly present and implement solutions
- Strong organizational and time management skills; flexibility, ability to prioritize requests and multi-task
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint, BO, SAP skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Strong analytical and numeric skills, excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Ability to work well independently and partner effectively
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls with a view to improve
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.