Buyer - Contract Management
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Job Description: Buyer – Contract management
- Responsible for procurement contract management & administration.
- Maintain contracts in contracts repository: updated with parent – child linkage, meta data, validate executed contracts. Identify and track issues, coordinate & track remediation action with global procurement, vendor, legal, risk teams and business stakeholders till closure.
- to support locating and understanding how to upload, manage and retrieve documentation pursuant to requests from procurement teams.
- to classify, label and store and retrieve physical contracts, provide details on documentation pursuant to the requests from procurement team.
- a weekly reporting process to provide actionable insights to global procurement and other related teams.
- Responsible for educating of new hires about the system and processes.
- Support ad-hoc projects on contract management and administration – transition to new tool etc.,
- Work closely with the global procurement, legal department to refine and/or define, communicate and apply standard processes and terminology to be used on meta data uploads of executed contracts.
- Review and update contract templates in the contract templates repository. Communicate update to the contract template repository to global procurement. Update and maintain contract templates in Coupa contracts module.
- Exposure to ERP tools, preferably Coupa: Including all modules of procure to pay cycle, from Vendor setup to payment process
Experience: Minimum of 7+ years relevant experience
Qualification: Graduate in Engineering, Science or Commerce, Business domain from a reputed University. MBA would be an added advantage.
Job Related Skills
- Exposure to procure to pay cycle, Purchase Order/Contract processing, data analysis and reporting, catalog management & Vendor payment processing.
- Experience in effective contract administration techniques using any tools like Coupa, Ariba etc., end to end contract lifecycle management
- Proven skills in analysis, problem solving and coordination. Possesses strong Data Analysis & reporting skills.
- Experience in reviewing contracts, parent – child linkage, standard contract templates and 3rd party templates.
- Deep understanding of contract templates and contract clauses especially master agreements, NDAs, amendments etc.,
- Deep understanding to ERP tools like Peoplesoft, SAP, preferably Coupa: Including all modules of procure to pay cycle, RFx and contract lifecycle module process.
- Process compliance related skills and audit awareness
- Possess excellent communication both verbal and written, business case articulation, listening and presentation skills
- MS Tools: Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio & SharePoint
- Exposure to ERP Systems, Oracle PeopleSoft, Coupa, Sap etc.,
- E-tools: Contract management tool
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.