Alpha Portfolio Services Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Investment Operations individual to contribute and lead a fast-developing, operationally focused team for key strategic clients of State Street’s Middle Office Alpha Strategy business. If you are a team player, organized, maintain a client centric view, and have great problem solving skills, we would welcome your application to join our friendly department. Please note this role is focused in Investment Operations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Under the direction of management, monitor the portfolio health for assigned accounts for issues associated with cash, settlements, valuation, recons, ad-hoc processing and reporting, and perform pre/post cycle reviews.
- The role straddles elements of investment operations (without direct processing/input responsibility), and elements of client services, strategic planning and oversight of diverse operational functions resulting from the control framework.
- You will be interacting with a multitude of middle office, custody and leadership colleagues within State Street, as well as custodians, the asset manager client, prime brokers and accounting agents.
- Liaising with internal and external customers, acting as a customer to internal teams and advocating for the end customer (ability to negotiate, good team work, ability to understand and translate customer requirements, address urgent items with others). Guiding others on our team and other teams procedurally, cutting through challenges by presenting solutions, and generally acting as escalation point for solving a myriad of issues impacting the quality of reconciliation outputs, file deliveries and operational control framework checks.
- Problem solving for escalated issues, as well as proactively reviewing operational controls, especially focused on but not limited to the reconciliation function of middle office services, is a significant component of the role. There are also expectations to develop and present logs/power points and speak to systematic and one-off issues in our control environment for the customer.
- Reviewing operational controls, escalated item resolution for portfolio health, operational quality and risk management control.
- Monitor metrics, SLA adherence, participate in manager meetings on such topics, implementing and designing process improvements to enhance statistics, and adherence to risk or SLA controls.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas.
- Utilize data for trend analysis and leverage in the development of enhanced processes, procedures and controls.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills are essential.
- Strong customer service acumen.
- Working on projects and items across workstreams will be required, so evidence of taking initiative while managing cross-functional items is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of securities language.
Value for you
- Join our fast growing team with many opportunities to learn
- Be a part of the industry setting standard providing Investment Services from Front to Back
- Flexible hybrid working schedules
- Exposure to new and exciting technology
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of financial services experience, with strong management skills
- Keen understanding of the Investment process in Capital Markets – Equity, Fixed Income, Alternatives, Money Markets and other Multi Asset strategies
- SQL writing experience preferred or willingness to learn.
- Familiarity/direct experience with middle office services directly, is a plus.
- Must be deadline oriented with the ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- The ability to work occasional nights and weekends is a non-negotiable requirement.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.