Portfolio Services, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
The candidate will be expected to contribute to the day to day running of the EMEA Portfolio Services Team (supporting 2 large clients), covering Portfolio Control, Information Delivery, Operational Control Framework and client queries.
The Senior Associate is required to ensure that all governance activities are being carried in accordance with standard operating control policy and that all market, internal and client escalation queries are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
The candidate is also expected to provide analytical support in any change request on-boarding as it pertains to our BAU operating model. The candidate will also have to make sure that all aspects of the Team`s activities are considered as part of the onboarding process and participate in BUAT / CUAT / Parallel testing and all other specific tasks that need to be completed ahead of a new conversion.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Portfolio Services Analyst you will:
- Using provided tools, review accounts for issues associated with Portfolio Health.
- Provide support to the Portfolio Manager on operational issues, provide command and control over inquiries, escalations and activities directly supporting the Front Office.
- Act as the escalation contact for Client Middle Office Teams on more complex queries / issues / breaks requiring end to end portfolio services support.
- For assigned accounts process month end close functions (validate and sign-off on balances, review for non-base balances).
- Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in group meetings.
- Interact with all IMS teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals. Utilize all available resources throughout STT, not limited to IMS.
- Cover various management functions and desk coverage when necessary.
- Interact with clients and be prepared to represent the Portfolio Services team in front of a client.
- Prepare oversight reports for audit where applicable.
- Liaise with Governance lead for offshore locations where applicable
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Team and project management experience
- Good client service skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in an asset management / middle office role or relevant State Street Middle office experience
- Knowledge of CRD (Charles River) is considered a plus
- Experience in back- and middle-office management of high-demand middle-office clients is considered a plus
- SQL knowledge is a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.