Model Risk Auditor
- Morgan Stanley
- Budapest, Hungary
- Not disclosed
- 05 Dec 2022
- 06 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Credit control, Internal audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an auditor for its Internal Audit Department (IAD). IAD comprises Business, Risk and Technology Auditors; Subject Matter Experts (e.g., Risk, Data Analytics); and support functions that are responsible for ensuring the department adheres to professional, regulatory and Firm policies and procedures. IAD provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of the Firm's internal control, risk management, and governance systems and processes. It achieves this by identifying and assessing the operating risks of the Firm and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm's system of internal control. The division provides opportunity to gain unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations.
We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
- Carrying out detailed quantitative audit of Market Risk, Credit Risk and Operational Risk models and validations.
- Carrying out detailed quantitative audit of pricing models and validations.
- Provide support on financial derivatives, risk analytics in other Internal Audit engagements
- Documenting all work performed in a clear, concise, and re-performable manner; uploading all work papers and reports into the Internal Audit work paper system
- Tracking and closing technical findings identified by US Federal Regulators or UK regulators (PRA), or resulting from model audits.
- Periodic reporting to senior management.
- Good understanding of quantitative finance, Statistics and model development
- Knowledge of financial markets, financial mathematics and a basic fluency in stochastic calculus, statistics and Monte Carlo methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to interact confidently within Internal Audit and with internal clients.
- Knowledge of derivative pricing models across multiple asset classes.
- Knowledge of industry practice in risk modeling methodologies.
- Knowledge of a wide range of financial products (Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities) and their derivatives pricing models
- A first degree in mathematics, physics, engineering, Quantitative finance or econometrics and preferably a Masters or above degree in one of those areas.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
About Morgan Stanley:
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximize collaboration.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.