GCF Regulatory Reporting Officer-1
Who we are looking for
The Global Credit Finance (GCF) team oversees a portfolio of 5 different credit products with an $85BN credit capacity. Its 120+ member team operates in the US and EMEA with offices in Boston, Irvine (California), London and Munich. Global Credit Finance’s aim is twofold: to attract and retain clients of State Street through the use of the firm’s balance sheet; and to add income and diversification to the company’s portfolio of on and off-balance sheet investments. Our products include Fund Finance, Municipal Finance, Commercial Real Estate, Leveraged Loans, and Stable Value Wrap.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
GCF has a fun, flexible and “start-up” like team culture that exists within a much larger organization. A successful Officer will benefit from mentorship from senior members of the team to develop/exchange robust reporting, credit administration, underwriting and portfolio management skills, plus exposure to an array of strategic initiatives to propel growth of the businesses.
What you will be responsible for
As a Global Credit Finance, Officer will
- Execute FR Y 14Q Schedule H production process to provide required files to centralized State Street Corporation Regulatory Reporting team including start of reporting cycle data, initial validation and preparation of regulatory reporting schedules, coordinating with subject matter experts to resolve discrepancies and validate data, and maintaining and submitting documentation
- Review legal documentation and supporting schedules for new and amended deals on an ongoing basis, interpret to determine appropriate reportable values for various regulatory reporting requirements, and ensure accurate and timely data capture
- Recommend and implement modifications of reporting logic based on complex analysis of portfolio data
- Ensure data quality oversight and analysis by adhering to and executing controls
- Assist with responses to internal and external reviews of GCF regulatory reporting and execution of remediation plans
- Collaborate with all GCF stakeholders and partners
- Understand, participate in and work in accordance with GCF operating strategy.
- Analyze and document operational reporting processes and controls.
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects as needed
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 3-5 years of financial services experience
- Established English written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in data management and reporting
- Familiarity with credit lending products is required
- Working knowledge of the syndicated bank loan market and systems
- Ability to think critically to understand existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to internal and external audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, advanced experience in Excel
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.