Manager, Audit, Non Profits - Cheltenham
Manager, Audit, Non Profits - Cheltenham
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Our specialist not for profit team is multi-disciplinary and includes audit, accounting, tax, risk management, evaluation, governance and consultancy specialists as well as grants specialists.
We are looking for an ambitious Audit Manager with a passion for the not for profit sector to join our award winning team based in Cheltenham. You will be joining the leading firm of auditors to the charity sector committed to delivering a quality service to a high profile portfolio of clients.
The role will involve working with a variety of charities and other not for profit organisations from start ups to well established, prestigious clients within the sector (including INGOs, grant makers, schools, academies, membership organisations, professional bodies and housing associations), many of whom are top 100 charities or household names.
This is a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to specialise and grow within the sector. You will be working alongside experienced partners in a dynamic and growing team, within a supportive and approachable environment. Your role will be challenging and varied and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly develop and progress further within the firm.
Managers are responsible for co-ordinating their team, and for managing projects and multiple assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- Managing a portfolio of external audit clients to deliver a year round service including building and maintaining strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Managing a number of audit teams and ensuring planned work is completed within the agreed budget and timescales from planning through to completion.
- Act as a principal contact for your clients through the year delivering a proactive service.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines taking responsibility for your work and multi-tasking in an organised manner. You must time plan your own work and client appointments.
- Preparation and presentation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Direct, coach and mentor audit teams to assist them in the delivery of engagements.
- Be proactive in Business Development activities and developing, maintaining and monitoring your own network.
- Involvement in proposals and presentations for new work.
- Potential for involvement in the provision of wider assurance services to clients.
- Participate in team and firm wide activities and training opportunities.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Knowledge and experience of Charity audits and the not for profit sector, including the Charities SORP is an advantage, although not essential.
- Strong people management skills enabling you to support, coach and mentor more junior colleagues.
- An interest in the not for profit sector.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 19 January 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.