Valuation Control Senior Analyst - GSP
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent team of subject matter experts within the Finance Division. VCG’s primary responsibility is to reasonably ensure that risk portfolios are fairly valued in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. In doing so, the team works closely with its stakeholders, including senior management, business heads, product control, market risk, regulators, and both internal and external audit.
As part of the team of diverse and supportive professionals, the main tasks are concerned with performing valuation control processes within Citi’s Institutional Clients Group.
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities:
- perform Independent Price Verification (IPV)
- calculate and/or verify Valuation Adjustments
- perform Fair Value Levelling for the inventory controlled
- own or contribute to reporting related, analytical, or projects related tasks
- work with Front Office and other stakeholders to ensure a complete understanding and proper resolution of any valuation issues
- ensure particular attention is given to the design and execution of controls
- Identify pricing issues and control deficiencies that may require special attention with a critical analysis of the risks involved
- effectively interact with senior stakeholders and lead valuation meetings with Business Functions, Risk, and Product Control counterparts
- exploit a collaborative and motivating attitude to join forces with colleagues for excellent results
- benefit from your organized personality, attention to details and independent working style
- use your experience and knowledge to drive and contribute to outstanding team performance
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- university or College degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or a similar relevant discipline
- at least 4 years’ professional experience in a relevant field of Finance (preferably Valuations, Risk, Product Control, or similar functions)
- knowledge of, experience with, or a demonstrated interested in capital markets products (Equities, Bonds, Commodities, FX, Options, Swaps, Futures, Forwards)
- strong computer literacy, with special regards to Microsoft Excel (VBA and Python being a plus)
- strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- attention to detail, control-focused mind-set, and a high level of proactiveness
- good time management and stakeholder management skills
- ability to critically assess and improve processes
- We are a development-focused organization. The above qualifications and skills are considered as primary assets for the position – but we do not pursue perfectionism: we look for capable colleagues and help them grow to excellence in their fields and positions.
- flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges life-work balance
- career management and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders
- opportunity for participation in wide range of professional trainings (ACCA, CFA, FRM)
- inclusive and friendly corporate culture where gender diversity and equality is widely recognized
- a socially active team and communities with diverse networking opportunities
- a supportive workplace for professionals returning to the office from childcare leave
- competitive compensation package
- exposure to a number of different capital market products
- in-depth understanding of pricing and price verification approaches for various products
- understanding accounting standards relating to fair value reporting for derivatives
- understanding the regulatory impact on valuation and pricing
Your journey and flexible career at Citi begins here – apply now!
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.