Group Sourcing Senior Risk Manager - 2LOD
Description of business unit
The Sourcing Risk Team (SRT) sits within Second Line (SLOD) Group Operational Risk and is responsible for independent oversight of Sourcing Risks (i.e. inclusive of Outsourcing (TPRM), Non-Outsourcing and Intra group Arrangements) and independent review of 1st line of defence (1LOD) risk management activities. The SRT also independently guides the business to understand potential impacts of sourcing initiatives on all relevant components of the Bank of Ireland Group (BOI) Risk Management Framework (RMF) to assist with harmonisation.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for providing independent oversight for sourcing risks to the business, ensure effective risk management practices are implemented within BOI Group and engage with various business divisions, whilst 1LOD are executing its requirements to meet regulatory compliance obligations. This includes the RMF, Risk Appetite, Metrics, Taxonomy, Risk, Controls, Policies, Standard Operating Procedures, Process Maps, develop presentation of papers to governance committees (as required), along with conducting annual deep dive reviews etc.
- Build and maintain the 2LOD Sourcing documentation, guidance, implement a schedule of regular review that ensures policies are kept relevant and aligned to industry standards.
- Collaborate with relevant business partners to implement risk policies, standard operating procedures and controls to achieve effective mitigation and treatment of Sourcing Risk.
- Provide independent risk review, advice and mentorship on sourcing risk across the Group.
- Define, develop and implement appropriate risk assurance reporting including key risk indicators.
- Guide BOI to understand potential impacts of sourcing initiatives on all relevant components of the RMF.
- Work alongside significant regulatory programmes (as required), assisting program management functions and 1LOD to accurately identify sourcing risk.
- Assess results of ongoing monitoring of sourcing relationships and services from a SLOD perspective.
- Dedication to encouraging an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives.
What is the opportunity?
- You will lead to improve sourcing matters and be a proactive, pragmatic risk manager who understands the risks of supply chain, TPRM outsourcing exposure.
- Be a self-starter, proficient at building global and regional relationships, across all Three Lines of Defence and at all levels, including control groups and internal audit.
- You will contribute to build out the SLOD Sourcing Risk function including understanding and translating macro bank wide risks.
Ways of Working
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our dedication to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person teamwork, and a location where you can best perform your role.
- Professional or third-party level qualification ideally in Risk or Compliance.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of overall Three Lines of Defence, Sourcing Risk Lifecycle, Risk Appetites, control testing, remediation planning and Regulatory notifications.
- Strong understanding & experience in: Sourcing Regulatory requirements (e.g. EBA, EIOPA, PRA, CBI and ESMA etc), regulatory change, BAU, Deep Dives, 2LOD and embedding of the Three Lines of Defence, Intra group arrangements (inclusive of understanding of separate legal entity requirements), TPRM, and regulatory responses.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of industry Group Risk Framework.
- Collaborate with senior partners across functions and jurisdictions!
- Strategic thinking and planning with a consistent record to understand, identify and risk based approaches to mitigation and monitoring.
- Strong data analysis skills to review data mapping, reporting and determine results, recommendations & conclusions.
- You will bring a confident, eloquent, proactive and independent minded approach!
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise on regulatory requirements around Sourcing.
- Manage Risk - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.