Senior Manager, Cost Transparency
About the Team
In Financial Services, we support the Group’s strategy of building tomorrow’s bank today for our customers, through a focus on three key priorities of trust, resilience and capital generation.
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to specialist advice, support and services in finance, audit, treasury, property, procurement, climate strategy and investor relations.
Within Financial Services, Operations Finance, a team of ~50 finance professionals, is responsible for the provision of financial control and financial management services to the Chief Operations Office (COO), Support Units and Corporate Services (Property & Procurement).
Within Operations Finance the Cost Transparency & Pace team works across the Financial Services teams that support the CBA’s Business Units to provide visibility over expenses, their drivers and the initiatives to manage them. The team also works on the Pace organisational construct and its implications for Finance.
See yourself in our team
You will report to the Executive Manager Cost Transparency & Pace. The role covers the breadth of the Group ~48,000 FTE and a ~$11b cost base. You will make an impact helping CBA optimise its cost base by:
- Coordinating the Group’s annual productivity plan.
- Identifying Group-wide productivity opportunities.
- Supporting the business to close productivity gaps throughout the year.
- Delivering productivity reporting to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Understanding organisational structures present and future and designing optimal reporting outcomes.
Key duties will include:
- Support the preparation of the annual bottom up productivity plan and assist the Group to deliver on its strategy including in-depth analysis of key productivity initiatives.
- Provide independent, accurate and timely financial information in line with financial reporting cycles.
- Managing large opex datasets, encouraging use of them with other finance teams and deriving insights, opportunities and executing upon them.
- Compile productivity results, plans and forecasts and submit these to Group and Business Unit Finance teams in line with Group timelines.
- Instil a strong cost management discipline with a commercial focus.
- Provide insightful ad-hoc analysis and advice to drive high quality business decisions and financial performance.
- Drive continuous improvement of performance reporting processes.
- Communicate effectively to senior stakeholders within the Business divisions and Financial Services.
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Strong commercial, financial and/or management accounting skills within a large corporate.
- Proven track record of understanding industry trends and translating and linking to business outcomes
- The ability of bring colleagues on the journey and hold them accountable in delivering on time and to a high standard
- Ability to think and work at both a strategic and detailed level as well as prioritise in a dynamic, changing environment
- Good understanding of financial control and risk management frameworks
- Experience with SQL and Tableau desirable
- Academic and appropriate professional qualifications (i.e. accounting qualifications such as CA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA)
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 11/12/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.