Associate Director - Accounting and Corporate Reporting Advisory
- BDO UK
- Baker Street - London
- Competitive salary
- 05 Dec 2022
- 05 Jan 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounts payable/receivable, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry
We’ll help you succeed
Leading organisations trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with them and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who is both comfortable working proactively and managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with senior managers, directors, and BDO’s partners to help businesses effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to organisations we work with.
You’ll be a joining our Financial Services Accounting & Corporate Reporting Advisory team where you’ll play a key role in ensuring that we continue to deliver quality. The accounting and corporate reporting advice and support that we provide spans accounting change (IFRS 9, 16 and 17, interest rate benchmark reform and transition between frameworks), group reorganisations and structuring of transactions to achieve a desired accounting outcome, financial instruments accounting and reporting, climate and corporate reporting and other aspects of accounting, including training.
This position is ideal for a technically strong individual at a Senior Manager level, who has broad experience of financial services from either a front-facing or technical specialist background and who wishes to maximise their potential and the breadth of their experience in a growing professional services firm. You'll also;
- Supporting the Accounting and Corporate Reporting Advisory Leader to scope, win and deliver accounting and corporate reporting advisory engagements with reference to needs, ensuring the high quality of our advice and support
- Leading and delivering accounting and corporate reporting advisory engagements in the required timeframe as agreed with the client.
- Being the primary point of contact with senior members of teams, including members of the C-Suite and other executives.
- Ensuring projects are well managed and commercially viable by working effectively and efficiently and billing promptly.
- Taking a leading role in the identification of business development opportunities and bringing them to the attention of the Accounting and Corporate Reporting Advisory Leader.
- When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Professional qualification ACA or ACCA or equivalent
- Ability to lead and deliver complex accounting and corporate reporting advisory engagements, including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of projects that adhere to firm policy on quality
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence, lead, engage and manage a number of stakeholders
- Efficient and effective time management and organisation skills
- Experience of delivery of accounting and corporate reporting advice with clients across the financial services sector, particularly banks and / or insurers
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant technical standards (IFRSs and UK GAAP) and relevant laws and regulations, such as the Companies Act
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.