Business Tax Assistant
Tax Services, Tax Advisory, Tax Practitioner, Tax Advisor, Corporate Tax
Competitive Salary + Study Support + Benefits
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can not only collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We're looking for someone who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals and be more than just a team member.
We are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates, who share our values and have an interest in attaining the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) qualification, to join our Business Tax team. The successful candidate will join us as an Apprentice with study support provided towards the completion of the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) qualification. You will have a fun and varied role working in a young, energetic and professional office environment.
- Completing corporation tax returns for clients.
- Assisting the team with tax advice in areas such as Research & Development Tax Credits, Capital Allowances, Business reorganisations & restructuring, Share Plans and much more.
- Supporting the development of new proposals to clients and onboarding.
- Supporting the VAT team in providing advice and working with clients.
- Assisting the team in both compliance and advisory issues.
- Corresponding with clients and HMRC.
- Various other ad-hoc duties as required.
In terms of qualifications, we want to ensure we are offering the best service to our customers and the same goes for our people. As an Assistant we would expect you to have started studying our ATT and provide you with full study support towards completing your qualification. We will provide you with on the job training to build on your existing knowledge and give you the mentorship and further coaching as we support you all the way on your journey to becoming a qualified tax specialist in the future.
"The Business Tax Team at Azets in Yorkshire help a whole range of clients, from start-ups to large multinational businesses. We support our clients in delivering tax advisory services to existing and new clients. We love what we do and we hope it adds real value to our clients. We are looking for a motivated candidate to join our growing team "
Skills & experience
- Pension - Looking after your future self when it's time to step back and relax.
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays - Time for you to focus on your family and what's important to you. Where will your precious time take you?
- Agile Working - We're on a mission to give you back your time.
- Flexible Working -Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 3 months, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility) and our Adoption Leave policy follows the same arrangements.
- Lead Incentive Scheme – We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio.
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary. Our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus - We're always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
- Employee Benefits Portal - Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities - Continuous development and support, not only for your professional qualifications, but also for your personal goals and aspirations so we can grow together.
- Opportunity to attend social events - Time to stop, pause and have fun.
- Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We're looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does this sound like you?
The relationship that we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both our and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees and nurture talent from all backgrounds. This helps us to grow our own and bring out the very best in people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.