Our client is seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join their growing organisation based in Milton Park, Didcot. Reporting to the Director, the individual will be solely responsible for the day to day finances for this impressive company.
The company is an impressive organisation working in a niche field within manufacturing. They have some strong contracts which are allowing them to forecast significant growth over the coming years, the finance team will no doubt grow as the company grows. They are based in large spacious offices in Milton Park with parking on site. They are looking for someone who is happy to come into the office to work, although hybrid working may be offered after the probation period.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the financial management of the business and the corresponding reporting:
- Financial operations including book-keeping and management accounts, invoicing, VAT-return, bank reconciliation and cashflow.
- Presentation of monthly and quarterly management accounts, including analysis of the Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Project Performance.
- Managing financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Identification and implementation of mechanisms to minimise financial risk.
- Debtor / creditor management.
- Month end accruals / prepayments.
- Month end Payroll, PAYE, NIC.
- Fixed asset register and depreciation calculations.
- Responsibility for the budgeting and forecast process, including variance analysis and monitoring cashflow to predict future trends.
- Overseeing bank accounts and processing payments as directed.
- Assisting external accountants in UK and abroad.
- Working with auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as HMRC.
- Keeping up to date with current financial regulations and legislation, advising Management when necessary.
- Documentation of financial systems.
The successful Finance Manager will have proven experience within a similar role ideally within a smaller business, or be looking to take a step up into this role with a strong finance background so far. The individual must be confident in themselves and happy to communicate regularly with the wider business on finance matters. The individual must be very organised, with good attention to detail, analytically minded, and possess good systems skills, in particular SAGE and Excel. Knowledge in using an ERP-system (Progress+) would be beneficial.
The salary on offer is between £40,000 and £45,000 dependent upon experience and level of qualification.