Accounts Assistant - Consultancy Firm (Hybrid Working)
This is a permanent role based in the City of London that is currently on the cusp of becoming a medium sized company. The role is days Monday to Friday and boasts an impressive benefits package including hybrid working.
This role would be idea for someone who has a couple of years experience in Accounts Payable and is looking to gain exposure to wider duties and become a qualified accountant in the future.
The client is a Consultant firm who operate in the political, business and policy making sector. They are a very professional company with ambitious growth plans, they are currently turning over impressive revenue so this is a great time to join the team.
Although they are experiencing high growth, they are still a smaller team and pride themselves on investing back into their staff members with training and great benefits.
Accounts Assistant - Consultancy Firm (Hybrid Working) Duties:
- Working closely with the team to ensure all deadlines are met consistently.
- Matching, batching and processing purchase invoices into the accounts payable system, liaising with invoice approvers.
- Processing staff expenses and company credit card statements.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Preparing weekly suppliers and expenses payment runs.
- Attending to staff and suppliers' queries in a timely manner.
- Weekly bank and cash book reconciliation.
- Preparing and processing sales invoices and assisting with all aspects of credit control activities.
- Assisting with ad hoc month-end duties as directed by the Management Accountant.
- Overseeing ledgers and ensuring transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assisting with various system roll outs and data migrations (Expenses/card system, Purchase Order system, cloud-based accounting system and others).
- Providing hands-on cover for others in the team whenever necessary: assisting with data entry (sales/purchase invoices, bank reconciliation, credit control etc).
Accounts Assistant - Consultancy Firm (Hybrid Working) Criteria:
- Experiences within a similar role.
- High level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Able to work on own initiative and collaboratively with a strong proactive approach.
- Able to multi-task and be a team player.
- Capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of purchase orders and staff expenses system.
- Understanding of double entries.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Experience of managing bank, cashbook and credit control functions.
- Good command of Sage 50 or similar cloud-based packages.
- Degree level qualification and ACCA, CIMA (or equivalent) student.
- Excellent written English and comfort in using core software for data visualisation.
- Prior experience of working
Accounts Assistant - Consultancy Firm (Hybrid Working) Benefits:
- Base salary up to £35,000 per annum
- Hybrid working - 2/3 days WFH
- Full study support package - exam fees, tuition fees, materials etc.
- Pension - 5% employer contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Grow alongside the company with exposure to a range of duties and lots of progression (work closely with Accountant and Management Accountant)
- Work in a new, modern office with the best facilities in the City of London
- Immerse yourself in a great working envrionment and culture with free breakfasts and lunch clubs
- Professional development in a fast-growing company with multiple international offices
- 31 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays and Christmas office closure
- Social activities