Manager - Assurance (PwC Acceleration Center Kuala Lumpur)
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Assurance provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients’ needs.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or proven record of success as a team leader and team member within the US Assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms, including, but not limited to the following areas:
- Whole Leadership: Pursuing opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone, remaining positive in the face of adversity or dealing with complexity, and acting to resolve issues that prevent effective teamwork, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Global Acumen: maintaining a fresh perspective on global and cross-cultural issues, developing an understanding of key global trends such as globalisation and how they impact client challenges, and cultivating cultural dexterity through behaviour adaptation to the environment.
- Relationships: Reacting positively and providing well-reasoned and self-assured responses, even when challenged, managing a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties, and managing the expectations of your clients by seeking and acting on client feedback.
- Business Acumen: Incorporating up-to-date technology/technology developments in your work, seeking opportunities to add value to client account planning, and promoting new ideas and services by applying knowledge of the industry/sector and societal trends to create value for your clients, PwC and broader stakeholders.
- Technical Capabilities: By building your knowledge of the firm's service offerings related to your area of specialisation, seeking new learning opportunities to stay technical and relevant, identifying and sharing learnings at the end of a project, and addressing sub-standard work or work which does not meet the firm's or clients' expectations.
Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualisation tools to provide insights to clients; and,
- Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimise engagement.
- Minimum Years of Experience: At least seven years experience in auditing
- Credential Required: Public Accountant, or US Licensed CPA, or CPA/CA Equivalent in another Territory
- Oral and written proficiency in English required
Additional Application Instructions
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM onwards (or equivalent)
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Click on this link to know more about PwC's Acceleration Centers.
Bachelor Degree - Accounting
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.