Senior Associate - Assurance (PwC Acceleration Center Kuala Lumpur)
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Assurance provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients’ needs.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader and team member in a professional services consulting firm including the following areas:
- Whole Leadership:Using feedback and reflection to develop your self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas, delegating to others to provide stretch opportunities and coaching to help deliver results, and proactively raising issues to improve effective team working.
- Global Acumen:Seeking and taking opportunities, which expose you to other businesses, industries and markets, facilitating collaboration across virtual teams (utilizing appropriate technology as applicable), and building and maintaining a professional internal and external network.
- Relationships:Using straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others, reading situations and being sensitive to others, modifying your behavior to build quality, diverse relationships, and communicating with my clients, regularly updating them and sharing progress.
- Business Acumen:Learning about your clients' businesses and how they operate in the industry/marketplace, trying out new ideas and proposing innovative solutions to problems, gathering information from a range of sources when analyzing and solving complex problems.
- Technical Capabilities:Testing your own and others' work for quality, accuracy, and relevance, developing knowledge of the firm's line of service capabilities and our portfolio of offerings, making the most of opportunities for technical development through on-the-job learning and exposure, and sharing relevant thought leadership with your colleagues to enhance knowledge.
Experimentation with automation and digitization in a professional services environment, including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualisation tools
- Minimum Years of Experience:At least three years experience in auditing
- Oral and written proficiency in English required
Additional Application Instructions
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM onwards (or equivalent)
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Click on this link to know more about PwC's Acceleration Centers.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree - Accounting Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)English
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.