Commercial Finance Analyst
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic International Finance team. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for providing support to the International Finance Manager in analysing and reporting on the activity of each country and International partner.
Our International operation is extremely high profile with meetings every other week between several Main Board Directors and senior operational managers where both the current operation and future opportunities are reviewed. This role assists in preparing a significant amount of the analysis discussed and presented at this meeting; therefore we need absolute stars working on them. The International website has experienced strong growth over the past 7 years growing from a turnover of £33m to £295m. Throughout this rapid expansion Next has maintained a healthy profitability and opportunities have been developed weighing up an improved level of service against increasing costs. This role is pivotal in producing accurate and timely analysis to support countless opportunities.
Located within our Leicestershire Head Office, our Online International Finance team is responsible for delivering finance support to key stakeholders across the business for a variety of purposes.
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly Sales Reporting
- Maintain price files across all countries and partners
- Understand key drivers to profitability across 74 countries and partners
- Ensure tight financial control for the accounting/reporting of our partner relationships
- Monthly reporting, forecasting and budgeting of International P&L
- Analyse performance of International profitability, suggesting changes to key parameters to ensure profitability
- Weekly operational meeting with peers ensuring that changes to the International website are implemented correctly.
- Be able to prepare, review and deliver ad-hoc information requests to key stakeholders for a variety of business models, often at short notice. The finance team is reactive and provides flexibility for the business to communicate with customers using dynamic and relevant methods. Above all we must provide information and insight to our business colleagues in a timely and accurate manner.
- CIMA/ACCA or ACA Qualified, or Part Qualified
- IT literate - Excel (Essential) - CODA(Not essential)
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate information clearly
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure delivery of work to timescales and the ability to prioritise own workload.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.