Audit Quality Programme Senior Manager
- London, GB
- Competitive remuneration package
- 02 Dec 2022
- 02 Jan 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
From fast growth businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, the companies we audit count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, our role as auditor is to serve the public interest - we need to deliver sustained audit quality so users of the financial statements can trust the information they receive.
Our established Audit Quality Programme seeks to promote and drive improvements. It is high-profile within the firm, reporting to the Audit Quality Exco, Audit Leadership and Audit Board with significant interest from our Independent Non-Executives, regulators and the investor community. Working in this team will offer valuable experience and significant personal development.
EY’s culture is very much about its people and you will work collaboratively as a team to deliver strategic solutions. You will support our audit business in delivering our audit quality plan while working flexibly; having the choice to decide on part-time/full-time hours, when the hours are worked and where - this role allows you to be based anywhere in the UK. There is an opportunity to grow your career with us to a leadership position in our firm.
Your key responsibilities
It is an exciting time for Managers and Senior Managers to join as we invest further in this area. Our roles can be tailored to suit the exact expertise, interests and experience of individuals. Key aspects of the roles include:
- Driving Audit Quality Strategy workstreams identifying and supporting change to make an impact
- Supporting the implementation of a new lines of defence model across UK & Financial Services – our ambition is to get it right first time every time
- Taking ownership of new activities as these are embedded and defining appropriate process and controls as needed
- Collaborating and “teaming” across a range of EY functions
- Preparing updates and presentations for the Audit Quality Exco and other key stakeholders
Skills and attributes for success
We are interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you will need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities. In addition, the following attributes would also be useful:
- Leadership: Proven ability to lead a drive forward a change/transformational programme
- Influence: Create an impact and the ability to influence others to bring them along on the journey
- Planning skills: Ability to develop effective and realistic plans
- Communication skills: Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Strong team player: Who is both committed, flexible, responsive to change and seeks diverse input
- Enthusiasm: Keen to take the initiative and consistently delivers on commitments
To qualify for the role, you will have:
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven project management skills
- Experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements
- Previous experience at Audit Manager level
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
Salary - competitive
Benefits - private medical cover, pension, bonus opportunities & the opportunity to select a tailored benefits package through our FlexEY scheme (lifestyle discounts, dental cover, cycle to work etc)
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.