UKI- FAAS- Commodities- Manager
- London, UK
- Competitive remuneration package
- 02 Dec 2022
- 23 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
We’re looking for a Manager to join our London-based Commodities Markets team as we continue to grow and develop in this space. This is an opportunity to combine both technical and commercial insight, and become a part of our growing niche audit offering that is sector specific. It will also give you the opportunity to address clients’ challenges in the commodity trading industry who collectively account for the majority of physical flows of metals, energy, and agricultural products traded worldwide.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing and leading a team of up to six associates, including coaching and developing the talent
- Ensuring completion of audit procedures in a timely manner and to a high standard of quality
- Managing and contributing to the delivery of a range of projects focusing on financial audit
- Conducting technical accounting analysis for clients going through change
- Preparing reports and presentations on the impact of accounting regulation
- Working as part of a team responsible for delivering accurate, timely, value-add advice and audit
- Building relationships with clients across commodity based industries and seek out new business opportunities
- Conducting analyses on accounting policies in financial statements to support due diligence teams, tax restructuring transactions;
- Working with the financial reporting teams of our clients to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes;
Skills and attributes for success
We’re looking for individuals who enjoy working with a variety of clients, providing practical solutions for complex accounting problems
To qualify for the role you must have
- Proven ability to work on audits and complex accounting issues
- Proven project management skills
- Proven delivery of excellent client service
- Deep working knowledge of IFRS and appropriate CA/ACCA qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Technical knowledge and significant experience delivering audit within the banking and capital markets, metalsand mining, oil and gas or energy sectors
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about your career with us and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.