Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Work together with the Store Management team members in an inspiring, supportive and challenging way in order to steer the Store towards growth, optimal performance and sustained long-term profitability, in line with IKEA & Al-Futtaim objectives and values.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
CASH OFFICE OPERATIONS
- Oversee and control the cash office functions and ensure daily/ weekly and monthly routines are followed.
- Perform necessary Audit measures to ensure that daily reconciliation of collections are true and fair in all aspects.
- Audit the cash in the Business Navigation department.
- Accountable for Cash Office transactions including the following :
- Daily reconciliation of store takings & reporting.
- Forex reconciliation and monitoring of exchange rates.
- Cheques collection and control.
- Tally of safe fund daily.
- Credit Card reconciliation.
- Gift Vouchers redemption and reconciliation.
- Banking of the various tender types store petty cash.
PROCESS AND COMPLIANCE
- Follow up on previous audit reports & check implementation of audit recommendations (including
- Support the Regional Office in creating, amending SOPs to improve the operational efficiencies, without compromising on the operational standards.
- Maintain store SOP library (digital and physical) for store team access as necessary.
- Ensure total compliance of IKEA and Al-Futtaim policies as applicable for operations & financial aspects.
- Manage and control all IT types and ensure audit compliance on stock movement.
- Achieve recovery index goals while minimizing recovery stocks.
- Analyze increase in inventory stock movement and discuss with store management ways to optimize.
FINANCIAL & OPERATIONSManage and share the following with store team:
- Store sales tree: daily, weekly, monthly & yearly.
- Budgeting and forecasting: mid-month flash, monthly, quarterly, yearly, and 5/10 year.
- Store Business yearly business plan.
- CAPEX plan and execution.
- Manpower budgeting.
- Analyze & discuss store P&L performance on monthly basis with store team and follow up on discussed action plan.
- Understand and help the Store Manager to control expenses in the P&L for the Store and identify areas of opportunities and highlight out of line situations.
- Ensure that all administration routines are followed across the Store and show a proactive approach in suggesting checks and corrections in the store operational processes.
- Work with department head to in vendor/supplier selection process to ensure best possible service at lower cost.
- Accountable for preparation ROI for all activities and investment in coordination with store team.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Develop cash office co-workers to maximize efficiency and future development.
- Active involvement in Store Manpower planning with aim to maximize productivity.
- Active involvement in staff planning process for store to ensure coverage to maximize manpower productivity.
- Lead staff planning process in store to maximize utilization of co-workers ( right number, right time, right place).
- Lead and train the team to be able to carry out all cash office and admin/audit functions.
- Ensure training plans and development plans are in place for Recovery & Cash Office teams, with the support of L&D.
- A University Degree in Business Administration/Finance/Commerce
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years finance & accounting experience preferably in retail industry.
- Experience in Audit & managing teams/departments.
- Advanced user of MS Office apps, especially Excel.
- Must have strong analytical and tactical planning abilities
- Must have a highly developed understanding of retail operations
- Must have an interest in home furnishings
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
- Budgeting and forecasting knowledge and skills.
- Cost management.
- Business & financial analysis.
- Very Good Command of English language.
- Very Good Command of Arabic language is preferred
Behavioural Competencies & Interpersonal skills:
- Must have excellent Communication skills
- Must be able to share their knowledge and learning with others
- Must have the ability to build solid working relationships
- Good coaching & training skills.
- Ability to bring out the best in Co-workers and to motivate and develop the organisation
- Ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of Co-workers and visitors
- Business Acumen.
- Problem Solving skills
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.