Finance Data Governance Director
The Data Sourcing team is responsible for sourcing of data from authoritative sources as part of the buildout of the Finance Data Warehouse (FDW) as well as sourcing data in response to evolving regulatory requirements. The team is also responsible for documenting the metadata and controls associated with data in the Firmwide Data Catalog.
The team is focused on ensuring the completeness and accuracy of FDW to support data consumers across the wider Finance organisation, including Regulatory Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers, Treasury and External Reporting. This is a global team who engage with colleagues across Finance, Technology and Operations.
The successful candidate will work within an Agile squad as Business Analyst to help build the strategic Finance Data Warehouse that will serve all reporting requirements for downstream consumers in Finance, including Treasury, Regulatory Reporting and External Reporting.
- Business analysis in support of the data sourcing efforts from Authoritative sources for Regulatory and Data Transformation projects in an Agile environment.
- Data analysis and reconciliation between legacy production systems and authoritative sources for completeness and accuracy.
- Documenting business and controls metadata in the Firmwide Data Catalog
- Working within change management cycles and prioritisation / tracking of associated deliverables.
- Work with clients and IT colleagues to determine requirements, identify issues and track prioritization and remediation.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with a range of stakeholders across different departments and regions
- Contribute to key project workstreams relating to buildout of evolving regulatory rules.
- Contribute to periodic project updates and reporting for clients and Senior Management.
- Communicate issues and escalate to line management as appropriate.
- Business Analyst experience within the Financial Services Industry or Financial Reporting experience with strong understanding of accounting
- Financial Data Analysis with advanced Excel skills, able to analyse data and linkages between multiple financial systems in Trade Capture, Front Office, Risk and Reference data domains.
- Strong analytical, organisational and documentation skills
- Ability to understand complex processes and key controls and identify potential opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to engage with colleagues/clients of all levels.
- Highly numerate with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve goals either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Experience of investigating, summarising, and presenting results in a meaningful format to clients and Senior Management.
- Understanding and experience of Data Governance
- Accounting background and knowledge of Financial Statements; qualified or part-qualified accountant
- Domain knowledge in Capital markets including understanding of financial products (e.g.: Options, Futures, etc.), domains (reference data, risk data etc.)
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies such as Agile.
- Experience of Alteryx would be beneficial but is not essential
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.