General Accounting Management Accounting Analyst - Japanese Speaker x 3
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now, even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are brave in both decision and action and we believe that good business means a better world. Join us in making this happen.
- 3 Positions Available for Japanese speaking Accounting professionals
- A diverse team with a supportive leader
- Agile way of working in a flexible work environment
Performs the following accounting activities in a defined area of expertise for low to moderate complexity accounts: Prepares journal entries; maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts. Provides records of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. Prepares profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Maintains receipts and disbursement reports. Prepares reports and tax returns. Ensures accuracy and compliance with all accounting regulations and internal controls. Interprets reports and records for managers. Develops, implements and/or maintains one or more accounting systems. Understands and lives the Finance Framework, mindset and behaviours. Works independently within guidelines and policies, and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience and provides functional guidance.
Key activities & Deliverables:
- Coordinate and execute month end, quarter end and year end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with work instructions and month end close checklist
- Perform and analyze booking accounting transactions, fixed assets, working and calculations are executed on timely and accurately
- Clearing of open items in accounts
- Ensure accruals are properly justified and correctly posted
- To ensure all journals are performed accurately and timely
- To maintain fixed asset register and execute depreciation run
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation, highlight and rectify any anomalies encountered
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting packages accurately and within specified timescale
Documentation & Controlling
- Ensure all work documentation and work processes are updated and meet with Internal Control Financial Reporting (ICFR), group policies and guidelines, local statutory and legal requirements within agreed service timelines
- Perform backup function and other duties, including job rotation to other functional teams as and when required
- Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries
- Transformation/ Continuous Improvement Implementations
- Work collaboratively with customers and stakeholders
- Engage and support the teams in the implementation of continuous improvement project
- Proactively identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement
- Assist to ensure effective knowledge transfer and sharing of best practices within the team
Who you are:
We are looking for someone with:
- Degree or Diploma in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent.
- Good communication skill and able to communicate effectively in English & Japanese.
- Minimum 1-3 years working experiences in the related field
- SAP knowledge or other ERP accounting systems and MS Office tools
- Proficiency in English and Japanese is required with good communication skill, and Japanese is mandatory for Japanese speaking country support.
- Demonstrated values of Passion, Courage and Integrity.
- Personal leadership qualities and self-discipline.
- Good communication skills and team spirit – willing to support colleagues beyond defined job scope.
- Customer service mindset and business acumen -Trouble-shooting or problem-solving ability.
- Ability to demonstrate and deliver to required extents of the Roche Competencies listed below:
- Strategic Agility-Decision Making
- Technical & Business Expertise-Communication
- Managing Change, Inspiring & Influencing
- Teamwork & Collaboration, Feedback & Coaching
- Innovation & Achieving Results
What do we offer?
In return, Roche offers a competitive package, ongoing development, and opportunities for career advancement. Roche encourages a high-performance culture where you are empowered and trusted to make decisions. We strive for excellence and extraordinary results and take a genuine interest in our people and their well-being, and our patients.
Anything’s possible, in a friendly, collaborative culture where people are united in purpose and will stretch you to be brave, speak up and think differently. Feel empowered to deliver meaningful outcomes, supported by accessible and inspiring leaders.
All facets of diversity are important to us and we endeavour to create an environment where everyone, regardless of factors such as gender, age, ability, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification or religion, can contribute and realise their potential. As part of promoting diversity, we welcome applications from all who are passionate about doing now what patients need next.
Three (3) roles will be filled on first come first serve basis. These roles are based in Subang Jaya, Malaysia and are only open to candidates that have full eligibility to live and work in Malaysia.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The Roche Services & Solutions as well as People Support Solutions organisations located in Kuala Lumpur provide end-to-end business solutions for Finance, Procurement, IT, Communications, People & Culture (Human Resources) and beyond to our Roche colleagues across the APAC region. Today Roche employs altogether around 1100 employees in Malaysia.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.