Finance Manager, APAC
ACCA is committed to a workplace culture which is inclusive, diverse, human and connected.
We are currently recruiting for Finance Manager to join the team in Singapore on a full time, permanent basis.
The Finance Manager will manage the overall financial management of assigned countries of APAC Region.
- Implement financial policies under the direction of the Regional Financial Controller (RFC)
- Ensure the integrity of the accounting system across the region
- Manage the local finance function including acting as the key point of contact for various outsourced accounting service providers
- Provide financial expertise and recommendations on financial matters
- Provide support within the region and act as local subject matter expert (SME) on ACCA finance policies, tools and platforms. i.e. Basware, Expenses, Payment Portals, Intercompany process, ERP (QuickBooks, D365FO)
- Work with local advisors and corporate finance (where required) on the preparation of local filings
- Work with advisors on annual financial statements. Completion of local client assistance schedules for audits in key markets
- Work with corporate finance on processes performed centrally which impact local audits
- Analyse, interpret and advise on variances between actual results and approved budget
- Reporting significant budget utilisation trends and variations to ACCA regional management
- Assist RFC where required on ad hoc initiatives and finance modelling.
- Work with corporate finance on development of new market reports including the use of qualitative measurements and KPI's
- Lead forecast process for the region
- Continuously maintain and monitor effective utilisation of budgets and resources
- Under the supervision of the RFC and Group Financial Controller (UK) provide support on audit and local and company secretary matters
- Liaise with government agencies on surveys.
- Assist Central finance on compliance matters within region pertaining to taxes (direct and indirect tax)
- Liaise with tax agents under the direction of RFC and Head of Taxation
- Act as a contact point for local banking support
- Hold degree in accounting or finance and professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CA), with a minimum of 4 years of practical experience from a public practice or commercial finance/ accounting
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work well with colleagues and external contacts/ clients at all levels
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude and ability to work on their own initiative with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- IT proficiency and good working knowledge of computer applications, particularly Windows
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- A highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic individual who is able to work on his/her own initiative with the ability to manage conflicting priorities. Ensure that all deadlines are met
- Able to work to high standards with excellent attention to detail.
We strive to create an environment where you can prioritise your wellbeing and offer a competitive benefits package to help you do this. We provide an employee assistance programme and are proud to offer a financial wellbeing tool to our employees.
We are committed to equal opportunities across our recruitment activities and have a real commitment to ensuring the inclusion and well-being of all employees. We have a blended approach to working to support our employees to balance the needs of their job with other aspects of their life.
For more information on ACCA, your journey as a candidate and the benefits of working with ACCA please visit our Work for Us page here https://www.accaglobal.com/uk/en/about-us/work-for-us.html.