Senior Analyst Performance Reporting
About the Team
In Financial Services, we support the Group’s strategy of building tomorrow’s bank today for our customers, through a focus on three key priorities of trust, resilience and capital generation.
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to specialist advice, support and services in finance, audit, treasury, property, procurement, climate strategy and investor relations.
Within Financial Services, the Group Financial Reporting & Analysis (FR&A) team provides financial support to the CEO, CFO, Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and Board. The team’s areas of focus include:
- Performance & Investment Reporting and Analysis – performance analysis, monthly management reporting for the Group and Profit Announcement reporting to shareholders
- Planning and Forecasting – ownership of the Group’s Planning & Forecasting process, strategic and ad-hoc analysis
- Group Reporting & Accounting Policy – specialist accounting advice on transactions and maintenance of accounting policy and co-ordination of the Annual Report to shareholders
- Decision Support – strategic projects, insight development and ad-hoc analysis
See yourself in our team
The purpose of the role is to help deliver the strategic agenda for FR&A. This will involve delivering value-adding, insightful reporting and analysis to the Board, CEO, CFO, ELT, Executive General Manager Group Finance, and Group Treasurer, relating to the strategic direction and performance of the Group.
Your responsibilities are varied, ranging from being the key business partner in Group Finance for selected Business Units and Subject Matter Experts, ensuring the successful co-ordination, execution and delivery of the monthly financial dashboards, quarterly trading updates, and semi-annual results for the Profit Announcements, to providing ad-hoc value-add analysis to FR&A’s key stakeholders.
Key duties will include:
- Successful co-ordination, execution and delivery of the Group's monthly “flash” result to the CEO and CFO
- Successful co-ordination, execution and delivery of the monthly financial dashboards to the Executive Leadership Team, CEO and the Board
- Articulate key business drivers, provide critical insights to drive discussion, and deliver value-add analysis of all Group businesses for the Executive Committee and Board
- Assist with half-year and year-end reporting deliverables, including the Profit Announcement, Annual Report, Pillar 3 and the Group results presentation
- Build and maintain productive relationships with Finance and Non-Finance stakeholders, including Business Unit Finance Teams, Investor Relations, Treasury, Risk Management and Group Strategy
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Risk Mindset - All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and commercial acumen
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Innovative and able to drive results
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified and Big 4 background preferred
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 14/12/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.