Senior Manager - Climate Finance Reporting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
Do work that matters
The Commonwealth Bank is committed to playing a leadership role in Australia’s transition to net zero emissions. The Climate Strategy & Commitments team defines how we fulfil this goal and works across the Bank to deliver it. The team sits within Financial Services (FS) and collaborates closely with senior leaders across the Bank.
Key responsibilities include: strategy development (including emerging areas such as natural capital); internal & external reporting of climate-related commitments, sustainability funding and pricing framework development; measurement of our financed emissions; governance of key environmental & social activity across the Group; uplifting climate capabilities; and delivering climate scenario analysis.
See yourself in our team
As Senior Manager – Climate and Sustainable Finance Reporting, you will work with the Executive Manager and the broader team to develop and embed reporting solutions, controls and frameworks to support timely and transparent disclosures of climate related information. As part of your role, you will drive key initiatives and perform analysis to support the delivery of our climate commitments and have the opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across the business, finance and sustainability teams.
- Ownership of the Group Sustainability Funding Target reporting process including consolidation of results, preparation of internal reporting packs, extraction of relevant insights, trends and movement analysis, as well as engaging with business units to understand commercial drivers of progress.
- Review of sustainable finance frameworks, benchmarking and providing recommendations on approaches and industry standards to support the business with product development.
- Monitor developments in the Australian and international climate reporting and sustainable finance landscape, and helping develop the Bank’s understanding of emerging sustainability frameworks such as the International Sustainability Standards Board’s (ISSB) disclosures.
- Project management of year end reporting process including preparation of external reporting disclosures, supporting the verification process and coordination across the broader Climate Strategy & Commitments team.
- Drive initiatives to improve reporting processes and enhance the control environment to support reporting and data inputs.
- Collaboration and partnering with the business to establish relevant climate reporting processes, deliver key initiatives, and provide support and guidance on industry frameworks.
- Ad-hoc analysis, benchmarking and research to provide senior management and the Board with transparency and insights to support decision making.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline (e.g. finance, business) with post graduate qualification highly desirable.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills including previous experience with preparation of performance analysis, management reporting packs, movement analysis and process improvement.
- Strong project management and time management skills to support the delivery of key climate initiatives.
- Previous banking and/or finance experience will be highly regarded.
- Experience with internal/external financial reporting and/or sustainable finance frameworks will be highly regarded.
- Ability to deliver challenging tasks, build new processes and a desire to solve business problems, evidenced by experience in driving complex initiatives in a dynamic environment.
- High level of commercial acumen and professional judgement with the ability to make recommendations and draw out insights.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 04/01/2023For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.