Senior Analyst/Manager - Climate and Sustainable Finance Reporting
- CBD Area Sydney
- Not disclosed
- 01 Dec 2022
- 15 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
Do work that matters
The Commonwealth Bank is committed to playing a leadership role in Australia’s transition to net zero emissions. The Climate Strategy & Commitments team defines how we fulfill this goal, and works across the Bank to deliver it. The team sits within Financial Services (FS) and collaborates closely with senior leaders across the Bank.
Key responsibilities include: strategy development (including emerging areas such as natural capital); internal & external reporting of climate-related commitments, sustainability funding and pricing framework development; measurement of our financed emissions; governance of key environmental & social activity across the Group; uplifting climate capabilities; and delivering climate scenario analysis.
See yourself in our team
As Senior Analyst / Manager – Climate and Sustainable Finance Reporting, you will work with the Senior Manager and the broader team to develop and embed reporting solutions, controls and frameworks to support timely and transparent disclosures of climate related information. As part of your role, you will support key initiatives to help the delivery of our climate commitments and have the opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across the business, finance and sustainability teams.
- Support the Group Sustainability Funding Target reporting process including consolidation of results, preparation of internal reporting packs, trends and movement analysis.
- Collation of key material and packs for group reporting.
- Review of sustainable finance frameworks and benchmarking to support recommendations.
- Monitor developments in the Australian and international climate reporting and sustainable finance landscape, and potential implications for CBA.
- Assist with the preparation of external reporting disclosures including project management, verification and assurance process, and timeline coordination across the broader Climate Strategy & Commitments team.
- Drive initiatives across the business units to improve reporting processes and enhance the control environment to support reporting and data inputs.
- Ad-hoc analysis, benchmarking and research to deliver transparent insights and support decision making.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional communication, negotiation and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Comfort working with a level of ambiguity and ability to independently manage deliverables.
- Strong reporting, quantitative, and analytical skills including previous experience with preparation of performance analysis, management reporting packs, movement analysis and process improvement.
- Previous banking and/or finance experience will be highly regarded.
- Experience with internal/external financial reporting and/or sustainable finance frameworks will be highly regarded.
- High degree of commercial acumen and professional judgment with the ability to make recommendations and draw out insights.
- Strong project management and time management skills to support the delivery of key climate initiatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Dedicated team player with a passion to contribute to a strong and vibrant team culture
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline (e.g. finance, business) with post graduate qualification highly desirable.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 14/12/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.