Analyst, Risk Data Analytics
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Risk Analytics and Data Services (RADS) team drives the value creation through data solutions, advanced analytics and innovative technologies. The Risk Data Analytics vertical within RADS focuses on building and delivering robust data, BI and automation products and solutions through innovative tools and technology and diverse talent across Risk and Compliance. The Analyst will work under supervision and in a team environment performing requirements gathering, data analysis, dataset preparation, data validation, reporting/ visualization, and analytics.
Job title: Analyst
Location: Bangalore/ Pune
Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Support the data analytics needs of Risk Analytics and Data Services department with focus on supporting Business Unit Risk Managers (BURMs) data and analytics requirements around Digital, Cyber and/or Technology Resiliency risk.
- Understand business, data and technical architecture and Identify potential risks associated with large technology digitalization efforts around Cloud migration, Information security, Privacy, Cyber threats, Digital transformation risk, Application vulnerabilities, etc.
- Develop data solutions using Power BI, SQL, Python, Spark (Incorta) and/or any other tools to deliver analytic solutions
- Develop dashboards and create ad-hoc reporting as needed using self-service tools like Power BI and Incorta
- Support the Risk Analytics and Data Services Team and the Risk Management organization
- Query and present necessary data using SQL and serve business stakeholders’ ad-hoc data requirements.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to enhance processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve accuracy, viability and value
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology, Data Analytics, Business Administration or a related field
- Knowledge in data systems and SQL is mandatory
- Strong data analysis, visualization and reporting skills
- Experience and knowledge of Agile work environments
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.