Finance Processes Manager - FPT - Dublin and Cork
Financial Accounting Advisory Services Manager: Dublin and Cork
Would you like to join an exciting team in supporting some of the world’s largest companies to solve their finance and reporting challenges? Apply to this great opportunity as Manager to join EY’s market leading Financial Accounting Advisory Services (“FAAS”) team.
We are looking to recruit into our Finance Process & Technology focused competency within FAAS. We work with our clients to design and deliver solutions to meet their business challenges, including emerging challenges around:
- Financial processes & reporting – focusing on finance change and transformation programmes to create long term value; including policy and process optimisation, financial reporting automation, enabling finance teams to deliver greater value to the business
- Sustainability reporting & enablement – focussing on data, technology and process to enable environment, social & governance reporting on key non-financial data, allowing businesses to react to the rapidly changing reporting landscape
What is FAAS?
FAAS are the trusted business advisors to our client’s finance and reporting functions, providing practical support and end-to-end business solutions in the areas of financial and non-financial reporting, technical accounting, business transactions and financial control. FAAS is a client-facing service offering, focused on generating value-add relationships with our clients and supporting them with the continuous development of their finance functions. With an effective and efficient finance function now critical to successful business performance, our FAAS services help clients address the various challenges in their business.
Our FAAS professionals combine technical knowledge with business and industry insights, assisting our clients to make informed strategic decisions, thus helping them gain a competitive advantage through better decision-making.
Your Key Responsibilities:
As a Manager within our FAAS team you will be offering valuable insight and advice to clients in supporting them in making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilise your skills in the areas of structured problem solving, business analysis, analytics, design thinking and lean process improvement to help our clients drive profitability and performance through their business operations;
- Engage directly with senior client stakeholders to drive business outcomes, including the facilitation of client interviews, workshops and project governance sessions;
- Manage end-to-end delivery of project teams (physical and virtual), assessing engagement risks and opportunities throughout, driving the right outcomes for our clients;
- Be involved in projects across the end-to-end project lifecycle, from business case development to project and execution and close-out;
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of engagements including financial transformations;
- Develop exceptional reports & presentations (PowerPoint, Word, etc.) for project deliverables, capturing problem statements and solutions/ recommendations, for our clients;
- Manage your own and FAAS team’s development of functional and technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams and inclusive behaviours;
- Manage and lead business development activities for new and existing clients, developing the delivery of high-quality proposals;
- Leverage technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery;
- Build strong internal relationships within EY Assurance and all other EY service lines; and
- Create an environment that encourages and drives innovation based on experience with the client, market, service line, functional group and EY.
Experience must include one or more of the below:
- Experience in accounting and finance related processes such as Record-to-Report (R2R), Financial Close Process, Consolidation, general accounting procedures, financial reporting, gained through Big 4 or industry environment
- Experience in consulting or transformation roles, involved evaluating key business processes, performing data analytics, and recommending improvement opportunities
- Process, risks and internal control design over financial reporting
- Finance systems application or implementation e.g., SAP, Oracle, EPM systems such as Anaplan, Hyperion, etc.
Other typical experience may include whilst not limited to:
- Knowledge of wider finance related processes including:
- Elements within Order-to-Cash (O2C) and Procure-to-Pay (P2P)
- Financial modelling, budgeting, business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Data analytics skills, including utilisation of technology to be able to automate extraction, preparation, and transformation of data (e.g., SQL, Alteryx, etc.)
- PowerBI and other visualisation tools to present data insights
- Experience in delivery of large-scale change programmes, demonstrable experience of leading change gained from hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, or top tier consulting firm or in industry
- Experience of underlying finance data architecture including general ledger, subledgers, master data structures, data objects etc.
- Balance sheet management; cost reporting and management
Skills and attributes for success:
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges faced by CFOs within the finance function.
- Understand the client’s industry and recognise key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
- Plan, manage and participate in internal projects and client engagements
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Critical thinking to be able to apply logic and problem solving to difficult business problems
- Demonstrated commercial awareness.
- Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and coaching
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
- Attend training programs to continually develop skills
- Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical persons
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A university degree (or equivalent) or above
- Accountancy qualified (ACCA / ACA / CPA / CA / CIMA or Equivalent).
- A minimum of 6 years post qualified experience.
- Between 5-8 years of experience working in assurance, consulting or transformational roles within industry
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative If you’re ready to work with some of the world’s leading organisations solving some of their most complex and pressing issues, this role is for you.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.