Senior Accountant, Tax
DescriptionInspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Tax team as a Senior Accountant. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll design solutions for clients that meet compliance and reporting requirements, minimize risk, drive efficiencies and maximize returns.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Responsible for the completion of tax engagements by computing taxes owed, preparing personal and corporate tax returns (and other compliance slips), preparing year-end tax forms (T4s/T5s), calculating and reviewing share capital
- Set up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses
- Evaluate existing business processes and policies and advise on policy and tax changes; developing proactive tax strategies that make effective use of business opportunities and ensure businesses are run effectively
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Correspond with clients and various government agencies to address client tax compliance issues
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining engagement findings, facts and highlights
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Lead engagement teams, developing effective relationships with clients while coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Participate in business development initiatives and identify new business opportunities
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Completion of, or working towards, a CPA designation; completion of CFE examination and working towards relevant practical experience requirements will also be considered
- 2 to 4 years of relevant public accounting or tax experience
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act
- Experience working with accounting and tax software
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.