Business Analyst, Internal Audit APAC #219640
Your field of responsibility
Join our cutting edge audit function in supporting the operations within the Internal Audit COO Team in APAC. In close collaboration with the team, you will contribute to Workforce Strategy, Reporting and Analysis, Location Management and Project Management topics across a number of functional teams within the Internal Audit function. You will be interacting and partnering directly with the audit teams. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to grow your understanding of the Bank by working on a wide range of different initiatives and process improvements.
Support delivery of the IA workforce strategy
- Support the regional IA Leadership in executing the IA strategy and in promoting the IA operating model
- Support with local governance, management and control and staff development processes, departmental communication and for other department wide operational and administrative support
Reporting & Analysis
- Prepare reports and presentations which provide a comprehensive view of audit work relevant to the Asia region
- Assist in audit plan tracking and reporting
- Participate in reporting enhancement initiatives
- Influence and resource management
- Assist with regional audit scheduling, liaising closely with Heads of Audit and the Practice to monitor, track and ensure efficiency in resourcing requirements
- Monitor the Action Tracking Verification progress, monitoring and identifying hotspots and liaising with audit teams
- On-and off-boarding of staff with support from regional site administrative team, including Asia location/building matters
- Manage IT and telecoms infrastructure, travel equipment, application support
- Time & Record management of IA Asia Staff
- IA development and process improvement
- Assist with IA COO team developments and ad-hoc senior management projects
- Help drive efficiency within IA and support process improvements and operational processes including user access and business continuity
Join a team where success is driven by our ability to support the function to identify emerging risks and present compelling arguments with breadth and depth. We collaborate across multiple skill-sets (i.e. business, technology, change and data analysts) to build well-informed influencers with deep industry knowledge and commercial expertise. A forward-thinking attitude has enabled us to adopt new technologies and ideas, helping minimize inefficiencies and maximize thinking time.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Remote Working? N/A - pending TWWW agreement
Your skills and experience
We are looking for:
- At least two years of proven work experience relating to a ‘controlling’ function, project management, business management in a financial or similar industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English to ability present information in a succinct and concise way
- Outstanding interpersonal-skills, thinking independently, problem solving, multi-tasking and time management skills enable you to quickly gain trust and deliver effectively towards deadlines
- Proven experience of team utilization, resourcing or forecasting would be an advantage
- Proven analytical skills and keen to acquire relevant insights from data
- Taking initiative, anticipating changes, working persistently to resolve issues to ensure results are delivered in a consistent manner
- Strong technical background in MS Excel. SQL, VBA and MS Access would be a plus
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.