Regulatory Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
This is an exciting opportunity to join the regulatory team that is part of Global Delivery’s Business Risk Management/Operational Risk Pillar. This dynamic position provides opportunity to work with senior business leaders, various internal divisions, and external entities on a variety of regulatory engagements. Applicants should have superior written and oral communication skills, be able to drive change, cultivate continuous improvement, establish cross-enterprise relationships, and foster a collaborative team environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Regulatory Analyst, Assistant Vice President you will
- Centrally coordinate, manage and track assigned regulatory reviews (e.g. regulatory exams, regulatory assessments/attestations, quarterly meetings) for Global Delivery.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to recommend responses for regulatory requests.
- Liaise with various Business Units to gather information and obtain necessary reviews/approvals.
- Review information to analyze applicability of content and level of detail.
- Ensure consistent format and response across each regulatory request as well as alignment across other requests.
- Attend applicable regulator meetings, create internal meeting materials/minutes, track action items and provide updates to senior management.
- Provide regulatory insight to the business while working closely with Corporate Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, Legal and other key teams.
- Responsible for internal reporting, as well as, the collection and distribution of reporting to regulators.
- Monitor the status of observations/corrective action plans and coordinate formal responses to regulators, as needed
- Design an effective and efficient strategy for the execution of the Regulatory Change Management program; includes completing Business Impact Analysis, tracking status of implementation plans and status reporting
- Participate in/Chair Global Regulatory Change Forums
- Review and approve detailed procedures and documentation for processes
- Recruit, retain and develop talent
- Perform other duties as required
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to execute strategy
- Build strong relationships with other First Line Risk, Compliance, Enterprise Risk, Audit, Legal, and business colleagues
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience, preferably within financial services, accounting, audit, compliance, risk or regulatory affairs; knowledge of Global Delivery and/or other State Street business units is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and oral) and drive time critical deadlines with senior and executive management teams as well as external examiners.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Project management skills, create and drive a project to completion usually within a short deadline is key skill for this position.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented individual, who enjoys undertaking challenges, is able to multi task and can assimilate information quickly in a complex and changing environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of applications, including Excel.
- Presence onsite during regulatory engagements may be required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.