Consulting - Finance - Government Accounting and Reporting - Manager
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, consulting, advisory, tax and strategy services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Business Unit Overview
Due to the growth of our government reporting consulting team, we currently have an opportunity for an ambitious and highly motivated Manager with a proven track record of high-quality delivery of client projects, strong technical knowledge and a commercially rounded mindset, and an ability to work in a demanding project and transformation environment. We would like to hear from Managers with experience of working on transformation projects around accrual accounting conversion under the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (“IPSAS”) framework and ability to support optimising the balance sheets of government entities converting from cash basis of accounting to accrual under privatization mandates.
- As a Manager, you will be required to assist the leadership team in building a long term vision and strategy to continue growing the business. You will also take ownership in business development activities and shall start pursuing opportunities and leading their delivery;
- You will also be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed documentation;
- With the appropriate guidance and training from the more experienced members in the team, you will be required to develop yourself personally, taking a keen interest in the Accounting Advisory offering and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market. Similarly, you will be required to coach and develop the more junior members in the team;
- The role also requires the candidate to have a solid knowledge of IPSAS and IFRS and being able to conduct in depth researches on complex matters, prepare technical papers for discussion with clients
- You will be expected to manage a global mindset and ability to connect with other colleagues across the consulting line of services and other Line of services within PwC, (such as Assurance, Strategy&, Tax and Deals.) which requires a high-level understanding of the wider PwC offering and trends outside your core area of expertise, so we can bring to our clients high value multidisciplinary solutions
- You will be expected to build and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with clients and colleagues. You will be expected to have significant interactions with senior government officials or company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisors typically involved in a high-profile regional transaction.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of the PwC business. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- You will be reporting directly to the leadership team and will be provided with the opportunity to contribute in our medium to long term strategy.
- You will be expected to keep on developing your personal skills taking a keen interest in trends in digital delivery and technology and the impact on the cash to accrual conversion exercises with the government clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
- You will be expected to lead, coach, train and mentor junior staff, and support their growth and drawing their career path
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Public Administration, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, etc. MBA is a plus.
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role CPA, ACA, ACCA (or equivalent).
- Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role: PMP, PFM and IPSAS related certificates, and any digital certificate will be a plus.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience in IPSAS, IFRS, cash to accrual conversion, preferably within a professional services environment.
- A good understanding of public finance management and government accounting and reporting
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven soft skills in the following–Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Arabic speaking is mandatory, fluency in English is preferred.
- The ability and willingness to work in KSA.
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.