Manager, Financial Reporting
- Northern Trust
- St Peter Port, Guernsey
- 30 Nov 2022
- 30 Dec 2022
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting in Guernsey, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a financial reporting group, including conducting the performance management process. Responsibilities will include: Establish goals/objectives for section and monitor to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all related tasks, including accounts review of London Listed funds. Consult with clients and partners on effective ways to meet needs, translating into actionable steps. Develops and monitors process improvements and systems enhancements for the section. Will be responsible for developing ‘early warning’ tools to identify process failures and to improve quality percentages.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external) year on year as part of a team
- Responsible for the production, accuracy, and timely delivery of all interim and annual financial statements allocated to your team, in addition to completion of various tax reporting requirements for clients.
- Monitor the accounting operation process to deliver 100% quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Guide staff in the resolution of non-routine and complex client reporting issues.
- Committed and working as a team member to support and enhance cross-functional communication and knowledge to achieve company success.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- To conduct Partners in Performance Development Reviews for team as required, and to be proactive in the development and training needs of self and team.
- Responsible for all employee related administration duties for people employed in team.
- To recruit, select, manage, motivate and conduct probationary reviews all direct line reports.
- Identify and deliver opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the business group
- Attendance and presentation of accounts at Board / Client meetings.
- Acting as key point of contact for a number of external non-executive directors of London Listed Closed Ended funds, including drafting corporate governance disclosures as required by FRC/AIC code.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Must have proven experience in a management role acquired through working in the fund administration, asset management or securities operations, or audit industry.
- Hold an Accounting Qualification (ie ACCA or equivalent) in addition to 3-4 years of Financial Reporting experience
- Proven track record in the detailed review of financial statements, from primary statement and notes through to detail corporate governance reporting.
- Detailed knowledge of offshore funds administration including for London listed funds.
- Working knowledge of the Guernsey regulatory regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc. Ability to instil a client services culture amongst staff
- Contribute to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via presentations, RFP responses etc.
- Identify solutions to problems across all areas of the business and work jointly with other managers to implement them.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.