Financial Reporting Senior Analyst - AVP
Ireland Finance includes approximately 40 professional staff overseeing 4 core legal vehicles, the largest of which, Citibank Europe plc, is involved in Commercial; Corporate and Investment Banking Business; has assets of circa $120 billion and branches in 22 European countries.
The Bank is supervised jointly by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and European Central Bank (ECB).
The Financial Reporting Senior Analyst will be responsible for all Financial Reporting delivered to Finance’s key stakeholders which Citibank Europe Plc’s Board of Directors, Key Senior Management, Irish and EU Regulators and external and internal auditors.
- Complex IFRS consolidated Financial Statements
- Prudential reporting – FinRep
- Monthly Management reporting
- Other various management and regulatory reports
- Supporting the production and delivery of IFRS & US GAAP based Financial Statements of the Banking Chain regulated entities and regulatory reporting.
- Preparing different types of reports; reconciliations and analysis with commentary for the numerous stakeholders including senior management.
- Manage relationship with offshore Shared Service Centre and support the production of the Company and Group FinRep and other regulatory reporting by providing support and guidance.
- Communicating updates; mapping changes; impacts of new business/deals to the Shared Service Centre to enable effective reporting to the regulator.
- Addressing audit queries for external and internal audit.
- Performing various control functions within financial and regulatory reporting.
- Significant contribution to Finance projects and initiatives;
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP Accounting Standards is preferred.
- Ad-hoc requirements as needed.
Qualification and Experience: (Required)
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, or equivalent) trained within a Big 4 professional services firm or multinational bank/ financial services firm.
- Experience in Financial Services/Banking industry.
- Financial Statements production and external audit process/management experience with multiple jurisdictions
- Knowledge of CRDIV reporting (FinRep).
- Comfortable with the ability to manipulate large datasets in Excel and produce analysis from different viewpoints
- External Audit relationship management experience
- Strong knowledge of Banking Products for e.g. Different types of Loans/ Deposits/ Derivatives (essential)
- Proven team management skills
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel is essential.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate with senior stakeholders
- Good presentation skills both verbally and written
- Ability to make decisions based on imperfect information, able to explain and stand behind these decisions.
- Problem Solver. Ability to identify gaps and propose solutions
- Ability to explain complex financial scenarios in easy to understand language.
- Challenging mindset and ability to improve and make processes efficient.
- Team player
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.