Assistant Stock Accountant
About the role:
At Next we have a fantastic opportunity for a Stock Assistant Accountant to join our Stock Finance team based in Leicestershire at our head office. You will report directly to the Senior Finance Analyst who in turn reports to the Stock Finance Manager. You will be responsible for Reporting and financial control of shrinkage accounts and your allocated slippage & GRNI accounts on a weekly and monthly basis. You will also be liaising with the rest of the stock finance team and stock finance manager on Forecasts and Budgets. You will also help reconcile our weekly sales, VAT and Gross Margin for Retail, Online and Total Platform Business.
- Be responsible for reconciling our Online shrinkage account; reconciling stock leaving the businesses and cash received into the business.
- Be responsible for Reporting and financial control of your allocated slippage and GRNI accounts.
- Liaise with call centre & product teams on analysis for customer apology payments.
- Help reconcile sales, VAT, Gross Margin weekly for Retail, Online and Total Platform Business.
- Produce statutory sales reporting for internal and external use.
- Helping assist with Producing sales reporting for our Licence partners
- Help in the Production of seasonal budgets and monthly forecasting for each of your accounts
- Produce and review a number of balance sheet reconciliations monthly including intake GRNI and Liaise with both our AP and Imports team around outstanding supplier invoices.
- Highlight and report costing discrepancies to the relevant product teams and highlight where current processes are no longer working.
- Previous experience in a similar commercial finance role and ideally part qualified in ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Strong analytical skills including using Excel and other systems to examine data. SQL knowledge is preferred but not essential.
- Strong communications skills- not be afraid to pick up the phone and speak to contacts around the business, and enjoy the challenge of investigating and resolving discrepancies
- Head Office Bonus Scheme – dependent upon Next Brand Profit targets being achieved (6% paid in 2020) Pays out in April, have to be in the business the previous year for it to pay out the following April
- Study support available
- Employee Share Save Scheme (save up to £250 per month) offered once a year in October when share price is released. If the share price doesn’t increase, no money will be lost
- Contributory Pension Scheme (After 3 Months 5% employee/3% employer)
- Staff Discount of 25% (on most Next merchandise)
- 25 days holiday entitlement (Increases with service) and can buy and sell up to 3 days a year up to the total of 33 days
- Free access to Aviva’s Digital GP app
- Free parking on site
- On site Nursery in Enderby – rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Restaurant, juice bar and coffee shop on site in Enderby. Restaurant and coffee shops in South Elmsall and Doncaster
- Normal working hours will be 36 hours per week and will be from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday (inclusive) and 9.00am to 4.45pm on Friday with a 45 minute unpaid lunch break each day. You may need to work reasonable additional hours to fulfil your duties.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.