Description of business unit
Group Treasury ("GT") is responsible for providing control of Balance Sheet management with respect to funding, liquidity, capital and structural market risk supporting the Group's growth ambitions. Group Treasury works closely with Group functions (Finance, Risk and Strategy) on policy, risk management, strategy development and monitoring.
GT supports the Group purpose of enabling customers, colleagues and communities to thrive by helping colleagues navigate financial markets; and facilitating growth in sustainable profits by optimising the Group's balance sheet.
Purpose of the Role
To lead the Group's secured funding/ securitisation ("collateral") transactions ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and reporting obligations; and to support the successful delivery of any new transactions by effectively addressing all collateral related inputs or requirements.
- Ownership and ongoing management of a number of the Group's collateral programmes and provide support and cover for other programmes led by the team.
- Act as a point of contact for all queries relating to the Group's collateral programmes and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Take a leading role in assessing and developing desk processes and procedures ensuring accurate and timely reporting in respect to MIS, process documentation etc.
- Providing support for the delivery of the Group's annual ILAAP and Recovery Plan submissions to the ECB.
- Assist treasury colleagues in the execution of new transactions including any public and/or custom transactions.
- Respond to a multifaceted and constantly evolving market and regulatory environment, ensuring existing programmes are handled accordingly.
- Assist and support ad-hoc projects across the Group Treasury team.
- Fully adhere to the management and reporting of Conduct risks (including Wholesale Market Conduct Risk), record keeping, raising of issues and feedback channels set out under the Group Conduct Risk Framework, as appropriate.
What is the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-reaching individual to perform a meaningful role in the management of the Group's balance sheet, and to support the Group in delivering its strategic objectives. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Wholesale Funding and Collateral, and will gain experience across all aspects of treasury, including the opportunity to engage with and influence senior colleagues.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a Hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role. The primary location for this role is Dublin.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction to the business to which you are contracted.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrate experience in or a natural curiosity of financial markets and an understanding of Bank's balance sheets and treasury management.
- Demonstrate ability to handle risk and evidence of challenging status quo to make processes more efficient.
- Ability to in a fast paced environment to tight timeframes.
- Excellent numeric ability and analytical skills with outstanding attention to detail.
- Very good judgement and business instinct with strong personal and professional integrity.
- Strong exemplar of Group values of customer centricity, accountability, agility and dedication to working as one team across the Group
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree or higher level Qualification
- Strong understanding of the technical and/or settlement aspects of collateral transactions.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to communicate and influence key partners.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.