Senior Legal Advisor
Description of business unit
Group Legal Services provides a range of transactional and advisory services to the Bank of Ireland Group and assists business in the identification and management of legal risk. The role to be filled is with the Global Markets Legal Team. Its primary responsibility is the provision of derivative related legal services to Bank of Ireland Global Markets which is the leading treasury services provider for business, corporate and institutional customers in Ireland, with niche businesses in the UK/US.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this role is to provide legal services with a focus on derivative regulation and act as a business partner in the provision of professional and strategic advice.
- Advise on the implementation and application of derivative related legislative, regulatory and prudential requirements and updates, such as EMIR, MiFID II, CRR II, BRRD, Benchmark and Dodd Frank (Title VII and Volcker)
- Responsible for derivative related documentation such as trade confirmations, netting and collateral agreements (ISDA/CSA/GMRA) and clearing documentation
- Prepare, review and settle interbank and trade finance documentation and miscellaneous contractual arrangements relating to GM business and derivative related documentation Group wide as required
- Initiate, and assist in, the development and implementation of procedures for GLS and BOI business units in relation to derivatives and provide related training.
What is the opportunity
Working within a collaborative team to handle a diverse portfolio of matters and responsibilities at a senior advisory level, deal with novel queries emanating from a constantly evolving business and markets environment and proactively building relationships with a business that values legal support, constructive challenge and commercial savvy.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a Hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role. The primary location for this role is Dublin.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction to the business to which you are contracted.
Irish or English qualified solicitor or barrister or lawyer with an equivalent qualification in another EU jurisdiction, with proven experience in derivatives.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Deep understanding of the legal and regulatory environment within which the treasury business operates;
- Solid understanding of ISDA documentation and vanilla derivative products;
- Strong negotiating, drafting and communication skills;
- Strong inter-personal, decision making and relationship building skills, in particular the ability to exercise commercial judgment and constructively challenge business owners.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of regulatory and prudential requirements in relation to clearing of OTC derivatives;
- Solid understanding of GMRA and clearing documentation;
- Understanding of structured products;
- Ability to influence and critically assess partners, while maintaining positive relationships in a matrix environment;
- Interest in continuous learning and improvement.
- Customer Focused - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
- Manage Risk - Leader
- Accountable - Leader
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.