AIS NAV Manager, AVP
This managerial position is within the Private Equity Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group. The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. The position is responsible for managing client relationships and managing and directing the overall accounting and administration for several client sponsored.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Alternative Investment Fund Accounting, Assistant Vice President you will:
- Manage day-to-day communications with contacts of several clients, including investment professionals, client personnel, investors, attorneys, auditors, bankers, etc
- Direct and/or indirect management and supervision of all subordinate staff levels
- Coordinate discussion and documentation of portfolio investment valuations with clients, as necessary
- Full review of accounting and tax work paper packages, financial statements and other reports and communications for one or more clients
- Coordinate and manage annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms, including negotiation or review of fees, as necessary
- Thorough review and understanding of investment fund legal documents, including complete understanding of partnership allocations and distribution waterfalls
- Ensure the development and implementation of training for all levels of accounting staff and management
- Coordinate and liaise with other operating groups (investor communications, financial reporting, tax, etc) to ensure effective communication among operating groups
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
- Ensure client deadlines are met, perform regulatory filings RCS, BCL, CSSF etc.
- Assist with execution and implementation of FASB and other technical accounting pronouncements, as necessary
- Represent State Street at periodic client meetings, present and discuss business results and initiatives
- Participate in industry sponsored trade shows, seminars and other events.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals
- Coordinate and manage special client and corporate projects
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience in the private equity or real assets industry and financial reporting experience or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the Luxembourg regulatory environment is desirable.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong working experience in Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP (UK GAAP will be considered a plus).
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- College degree in accounting. Professional accounting qualification preferably ACA, ACCA
- Substantial previous fund accounting experience, including managerial experience.
- Previous auditing experience and / or coming directly from business.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English – any other major European languages are an advantage.