OTC Derivatives Officer
- State Street
- Dublin 2, Ireland
- Not disclosed
- 30 Nov 2022
- 30 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for?
You! Whether you want to gain experience in the largest financial administrator in Ireland or looking for a managerial step up, then State Street Ireland is the place for you. We have a roles at all levels available across our departments within OTC Middle Office Operations.
We are the largest financial administrator in Ireland, servicing global market leading clients across a variety of product types including ETFS, CCFs, Multi Manager funds, Fund of Funds, Alternative UCITS, Private Equity and Real Estate Funds. With us, you have the opportunity to develop your career in many different directions within the funds industry.
Why this role is important to us
OTC Middle Office Oversight provide support of OTC Middle Office operations for clients in EMEA, supporting both the clients and our offshore teams as well as internal stakeholders. The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS).
The middle office oversight team is responsible for bridging the gap between our offshore team, clients, projects, onboarding and many other internal teams to develop solutions for issues and transformation
We are a solution focused team overseeing operational activities and progress, patching gaps that may arise from change requests, change in processes or adjusting processes to better and more efficiently service multiple Clients
The successful candidate will benefit from vast experience across multiple OTC clients, products and models while developing new skills and invaluable relationships across the globe
What you will be responsible for
(Identify 5-8 major responsibilities performed by the job. Include the approximate percentage of time performing each responsibility during a typical week/month. If the percentage of time performing a function is less than 5%, that function should not be listed)
- Relationship Building - Manage and develop relationships with clients, counterparties, prime brokers, other external parties. You will act as a State Street representative to our clients.
- Client focus - Consistent and active awareness of the client's needs. Proactively sourcing ways to improve and promote quality. Displays a commitment to excellence. Ability to manage client's expectations and deal with their queries.
- Central point of contact and escalation point for staff in Offshore locations
- Coordinate due diligences, audits and client service reviews, balancing capacity v’s demand.
- Collaborate with Transformation design initiatives system enhancements or new requirements on behalf of the team, including system testing and sign off.
- Participation in new client take-on’s, initialization of funds and the expansions of the global operating model.
- Review and update department Operational processes, to ensure controls remain effective and account for dynamic changes in client requirements, mitigating operational risk wherever possible
Education & Preferred Qualifications
No essential qualification required, however a degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area or ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage
Skills and Experience - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc
What we value
- In depth knowledge of the operational management of the following products: -- Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with working with offshore teams would be an advantage
- Experience in the financial services industry in areas such as: Asset Management, Fund Accounting, Reporting, VBA Development;
Required Competencies - motivation, team skills, ability to work under pressure, etc.
- As an Middle Office Oversight Officer, it is essential to have clear communications skills, adjustable for differences in client, jurisdiction and staffing experience.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, applications and expand current knowledge;
- Aptitude for seeking out solutions and knowledge independently;
- Ability to break down a problem/process into sequential and logical steps;
- Ability to thrive and function in a deadline driven environment, juggle tasks and responsibilities within peak times;
Apply today – Join a global player with local values.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. Inclusion, diversity and equity is our company-wide effort strongly supported by our State Street Ireland senior management team, which recognizes unique talents of our employees to ensure that they feel engaged and valued. We provide local support to more than 24 employee networks with over 100 chapters across the globe, regional/country teams and business units’ employee action committees. We are very proud of our employees ongoing engagement in developing our culture and values. We recognise and value the strength that comes from diversity and engage with industry partners to drive this forward collectively. We will continue to nourish our culture so every employee feels valued, inspired and empowered to leverage their diverse experiences and identities, which provide innovative, authentic and enhanced service to our clients and to our community, and each other.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.