Senior Manager - Global Billing Operation Controls
Basic Purpose of Job:
Global Billing Operations Controls is a established function which will be focused on developing, implementing and managing the billing risk management in order to mitigate risk within the Global Billing Operations function. This role in a newly created function which requires skills to assess and assist reporting the incidents and issues impacting the control environment and streamline the controls for regulatory adherence. The team’s scope of responsibility includes helping the Global Billing Operations team adhere to regulatory requirements, design controls and assess the gap and remediation plans, report issues and incidents and follow-up on the remediation plan. This is an opportunity to join a new function and actively participate in its development and maturity, to gain an understanding of Global Billing processes and learn about implementing a control environment.
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Document controls and add them to the Bank’s Risk management system
- Log issues and incidents into the Bank’s risk managements system
- Work closely with each of the AVP when liaising with the GBO owner on the billing risk issue, to design and document controls
- Execute a framework to test if the internal systems supporting compliance with regulatory. requirements for Global Billing, are properly designed, documented and implemented.
- Validate controls, identify and assess issues, and work with GBO management to track them to resolution.
- Prepare and update process narratives/procedures and flow charts, if required
- Formally report the results of your work to AVP whilst supporting the GBO Owner and other global Billing Risk Managers.
- Develop expertise in Billing related controls, best practices and expectations
- May be asked to participate in other activities within the team to support overall global billing operations and risk management objectives and goals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, statistics, or a related field and 11+ years’ experience ideally covering the following:
- Internal audit, Operational risk or Compliance or Big 4 experience
- Experience in process and controls mapping methodologies, maintaining strong control environment (risk excellence, experience with SOX, RCSA controls, etc.), establishing policies, procedures and strong internal controls
- Knowledge of Financial services or regulatory requirements in Finance- Controllers or Billing preferred
- CA or MBA or CIA certifications candidates preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines.
- Must possess strong communication skills with ability to participate in or lead conference calls and reporting of issues to Management.
- Business knowledge as it relates to the financial services industry, finance and billing processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advanced levels of excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Results oriented ownership mindset and effectively manage timelines
- Measure, review, and assess performance and progress towards goals
- Attention to detail