Technical Coordinator, Hedge Fund Accounting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Hedge Fund Accounting team looks after Hedge Funds for numerous Fund Management clients. The Technical Coordinator ensures timely & accurate reports & accounts for a range of clients. In addition this role includes direct liaison with both clients and auditors and therefore an integral part of maintaining our reputation for high quality client service. The Technical Coordinator supports the Team Manager in ensuring operational efficiency. Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact. Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees. Manages daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role).
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure timely & accurate reports & accounts for a range of clients
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency
- Direct liaison with both clients and auditors
- Supports the team manager in ensuring operational efficiency
- Responsible for ensuring accurate financial statements and reports for a designated group of funds
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance to more junior team members, support the Team Leader with respect to workflow distribution and ensuring the effective the use of staff resources
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- Technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas13. Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- A College or University degree and/or some relevant work experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Be able to work as part of a team with minimal supervision
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com. We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.