About The Role
The Plant Controller main role is to provide financial reporting for their plant and provide financial support to the Plant Manager and business through finance business partnering.
This person will work collaboratively with Plant Leadership team and the business to ensure costs are optimised and managed and implements finance best practices within their plant.
What will I be doing?
- Product/Process costing – ensuring that yields, labour and direct overhead standards reflect the true cost of manufacture. Working with the Plant, Business and Process teams to resolve any differences.
- Ensuring that actual costs are recovered within reported product costs and that variances are identified, investigated and actioned with the Plant team.
- Provision of weekly detailed and top level KPI reports for the plant. Review of KPI data with operations to identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Stock management and reporting including stock reconciliations and control of stock write- offs.
- General ledger reviews - review and control of postings to plant cost centres.
- Capital control – evaluate proposals, monitor spend and review with the Plant team to ensure projects are delivered within the approved value.
- Budget and projection cost preparation – working with the Plant team to establish a robust bottom-up budget including documented profit improvement plans.
- Proposing and evaluating cost saving / profit enhancing, continuous improvement or system enhancement opportunities.
- Key owner of master data and product standards information, alongside audit of SAP use and processes to facilitate optimised use of SAP system.
- Be the key link with procurement at site in the review and analysis of third-party service contracts and the value they bring.
- Ad hoc projects/reporting.
What will I get in return?
At Kerry, we believe in giving talented, curious people the opportunity to make a difference.
We work as a team, searching for the best ways to inspire food and nourish life.
We are a community of innovators, working across disciplines to solve global food challenges with a fresh approach. We want you to achieve whatever you put your mind to.
We also offer:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Hybrid working
- Health Care Cover
- Matched pension scheme
- Benefits platform offering discounts and cashback on major retailers
The aim to shape the future of food might seem ambitious to some, but to us in Kerry Taste and Nutrition, it's all in a day’s work. Kerry is dedicated to helping create better-tasting, more authentic and nutritious food and beverages. We produce safe, quality products that help feed millions every day. Wherever you are, we can work together to create inspiring solutions that nourish life.
Get in touch today!
In Kerry we benefit from the knowledge of our colleagues who bring a diverse range of cultures, backgrounds, lifestyles and experiences. One team fostering an inclusive culture that, above all, inspires food and nourishes life. One culture where everyone brings their unique perspectives and experiences to help make us better, together. We are committed to nurturing an environment of positivity and inclusiveness, where everyone can be at their best, both personally and professionally.
Our recruitment, selection and assessment process are based on the skills and competencies of the specific roles and based entirely on merit. We are committed to and value Diversity and Inclusion in all recruitment processes within Kerry and do not discriminate based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, political beliefs, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.