Accounts Payable Accountant
Schlumberger is looking for innovators to shape the future of energy. If you share our passion for discovery, we’ll give you the platform to turn it into real impact. If you want to discover what you can do next, then this is the place for you. Are you looking for a challenging career move in Finance? We invite you to learn more about the open positions that the Schlumberger Bucharest Financial Hub has to offer! We opened our Bucharest Financial Hub in 2012 and it is currently our biggest hub in the Romanian capital. Our Schlumberger Financial Hubs are centers of excellence that encourage curious and talented people to develop in a dynamic environment, helping them build successful careers in order to achieve their full potential. Does this sound like the ideal next step in your career? If so, then learn about the opportunities our Bucharest Financial Hub has to offer. Join the winning team at Schlumberger.
The Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for managing a portion of the company’s working capital through AP invoice processing, exception resolutions and vendor reconciliation processes. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of Third Party invoices and/or Employee's Expense Reports, provides internal and external customer support, implements process improvement initiatives and proactively manages day to day issues related to vendor accounts. Proactively act on implementation and administration of Company policies and procedures in order to meet the objectives and customers’ requirements.
- End-to-end processing of invoices, from receiving and month end reporting to payment and reconciliation;
- Ensure timely and accurate processing vendor invoices;
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies with appropriate internal and external resources;
- Maintain vendor statements and communicate with vendors when necessary;
- Review balance sheet accounts and prepare reconciliation;
- Work with related parties (procurement and finance) to ensure the clearing of Accounts Payable balances;
- Prepare reporting schedules and resolve audit issues identified by auditors;
- Ensure strict compliance with SOX
- 1+ year work experience within Accounts Payable, with strong emphasis on PO/ NPO invoice processing and the 3 way match principle
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle high-volume of data entry with high accuracy
- Language requirements: Romanian and advanced in English (comprehension, written and speech).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
What we offer:
- An international environment focused on continuous learning
- Ample opportunity to learn and to develop new personal skills
- Meal tickets
- Additional contribution for lunch
- Medical coverage at Medicover
- Hybrid work schedule
- Excellent possibilities to develop yourself and your career.
Feel free to apply!
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.