Senior Consultant - Finance Change Delivery - FS
- London, UK
- Competitive remuneration package
- 29 Nov 2022
- 30 Nov 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Business analyst, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The Finance Business Consulting team is looking for a Senior Consultant level consultant with a strong delivery track record in the Finance function across Capital Markets, Banking, Insurance and/or Wealth and Asset Management. We are seeking people who can apply their change, line or technology skills to design and deliver solutions to support our clients achieve their desired business outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do, and who will further add to the continued success of our team.
Based in London (other locations in our UK National Markets offices will be considered), but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with our UK and Global FS clients. EMEIA and international assignments are also a possibility.
As a Senior Consultant within our Finance Business Consulting team you will specialise in Capital Markets, Banking, Insurance and/or Wealth and Asset Management and will work closely with Finance clients, and assist senior management in leading engagement teams, provide valuable insight and advice to support clients to make strategic and operational decisions about their business. You will contribute to the continued success and growth of the practice, alongside some of the most highly regarded colleagues within the Financial Services industry.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting delivery of large- scale projects by assessing engagement risks, driving conclusions
- Supporting engagement mobilisation through scoping, planning and defining outcomes and creating deliverables as part of a larger project team
- Preparation of underlying materials as well as leading/participation in client workshops
- Co-ordinating activities between small teams on projects to deliver tasks, including providing guidance and feedback to junior team members
- Supporting Financial management of client engagements
- Undertaking practice development activities including contributing to thought leadership pieces, running industry events, delivering training or managing team communications
- Aiding proposals and bid teams in delivery of high-quality proposals
- Developing strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, managing EY accounts and to bring all of EY to clients
- Driving innovation by creating an environment that encourages innovation and being a leader in this area by implementing new and improved ways of working, delivery models and / or technological advancements
- Establishing and managing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles
- Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff
- Identifying opportunities for securing new business
- Contributing to business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contributing to the growth of the practice by providing input to EY Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence
- Managing the sharing of knowledge, experience (positive and negative) and lessons learned
- Keeping up to date with industry news and developments
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Demonstrate expertise across engagement and practice teams
- Always display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex Finance business problems
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing CFOs in the financial services sector
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
- Instil a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating their colleagues well and creating an inclusive culture
- Comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
- Strong interest and commitment to understanding and developing leading edge Finance solutions for our clients
Typical experience may include, whilst not limited to:
- Experience of working in a consulting role in financial services (Capital Markets, Banking, Insurance and/or Wealth and Asset Management), or a transformation role in industry, focusing on the Finance function
- Experience in assisting in delivery of large-scale Finance change programmes in Financial Services and demonstrable experience of leading change gained from:
- hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, or top tier consulting firm within Financial Services, or
- leading change programmes at a Financial Services organisation, or
- leading a Line function at a Financial Services organisation
- A background in Finance, Risk / Regulation or Treasury
- Understanding of Finance Operating Models and Finance Transformation, including location and service model strategy
- Product Control and Valuation – including demonstrable product knowledge (Capital Markets Candidates)
- Accounting and regulatory change e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17, IBOR, ViR – supporting clients to understand and address complex change, and leading delivery of programmes/projects
- Financial Control – including internal and external statutory reporting
- Financial modelling, budgeting, business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Finance, Risk and Treasury integration, operating model design and implementation
- Front to back process, control and governance
- Balance sheet management and financial resource optimisation
- Cost reporting and management
- Finance Cost Reduction and Process Improvement
- Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
- General Ledger, consolidation and EPM projects
- Regulatory, statutory and management reporting projects including COREP, FINREP
- Optimisation of financial resources – capital, liquidity, RWA, LBS etc.
- Use of related technology including SAP, Oracle, Hyperion, BPM tools, EPM systems, Treasury systems ERP systems, Robotic Technology, AI and Digital technologies, Cloud and Google based solutions, Hadoop and Big Data, Tableau, Biazagi and other visualisation tools.
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is desirable but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be beneficial, but not essential
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy, Transaction and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are?
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness.The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.