Regulatory Reporting Analyst
Description of business unit
The Regulatory Reporting Control and Operations team, within Bank of Ireland Group Finance, is responsible for reporting prudential and statistical information to the Group's various Regulators and Supervisors. We are a professional, proactive & dynamic team and we engage with colleagues in all key functions such as business, finance, risk and treasury to ensure the accuracy of our returns.
The Statistical team within RRCO are primarily responsible for the end to end production of a large portfolio of statistical regulatory reports to a number of Regulators across Europe.
Purpose of the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a regulatory analyst within the statistical reporting team, in RRCO. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic professional with the capability, appetite and aim to prepare and review individual and group regulatory returns.
The primary objective of role is to prepare and review a portfolio of statistical regulatory reports to a high standard, planning and advising the reporting deliveries to ensure and accurate & timely delivery, in accordance with regulatory requirements, maintain control frameworks, Group/RRCO policies and standards and ensuring appropriate documentation is maintained. The analyst will also be responsible for continuous improvement of the relevant statistical reporting processes and maintain the control framework.
- Delivery and review of assigned Statistical Reporting Product and Business Unit processes within agreed timelines that support the delivery of the Statistical returns.
- Maintain and improve the existing strong governance framework to ensure full compliance with all controls
- Ensure any discrepancies/queries are investigated and explained or raised when vital;
- Develop an understanding and working knowledge of all Statistical Returns
- Work collaboratively with the wider RRCO team to consistently deliver solution based approaches which support the achievement of business objectives (timely accurate reporting of Regulatory returns within a high control environment);
- Maintain relationships with key partners, to ensure awareness of business strategies and/or initiatives for change that impact Statistical reporting.
What is the opportunity
This opportunity allows you to gain detailed understanding of the Group Balance Sheet and the business divisions and product types that make it up.
This will allow you to become a highly skilled analyst with the ability to understand movements on the Group Balance Sheet and how to investigate for onward reporting to the Central Bank.
- Be fully qualified or working towards a relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, etc.) or have extensive experience gained through wide exposure to financial practices within a relevant business environment.
- High energy, bias for action, work towards results, strong resilience and focus on execution excellence;
Essential Skills & Experience
- Have at least 1 years Regulatory Reporting/Finance experience, ideally within a Banking environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel)
- Understanding of Balance Sheet management and the wider regulatory environment;
- Strong data manipulation & analysis skills and techniques;
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting timeframes;
- Ability to challenge constructively current processes and norms and provide objective insight and solutions to problems.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Ability to adapt and perform in a multifaceted environment;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Ownership and integrity;
- Effective drive and passion;
- Quick Learner and Assertive individual who can act in following instructions and act independently when appropriate;
- Ability to deliver change and improve existing processes.
- Accountable - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.