Senior Finance Transformation Manager – Strategic Projects
Senior Finance Transformation Manager –strategic projects (‘Click & Collect’)
This is a key role within the Finance function, with responsibility for supporting the business in the delivery of high priority strategic business projects with a specific focus on the ‘Click & Collect’ programme. The successful candidate will act as a primary point of contact for all areas of Finance in respect of this. You will be responsible for onboarding new strategic initiatives from the business into all areas of Finance whilst ensuring that the commercial objectives of the business are met. You will hold ultimate responsibility for all Click & Collect processes and activity ensuring finance requirements are defined and met, and these are embedded in the different areas of finance in a controlled, consistent and efficient manner.
- Finance operational lead for major strategic management initiatives that support Primark’s strategic priorities with an initial focus on projects necessary to support the delivery of Primark’s Click & Collect programme.
- Represent finance on the Click & Collect programme and be responsible for execution, management and delivery of the finance workstream.
- Work alongside workstream leads from other functions to ensure this project can be delivered successfully across all areas of the business.
- Supported by designated SME’s from across all areas of finance to ensure successful input of requirements and delivery. This will include, but not limited to, representation from tax, financial accounting and reporting, treasury, controls, BI & Analytics and operations.
- Responsible for and manage the workstream plan, budget allocation and roadblock escalation.
- Run workstream meetings and co-ordinate SME’s to deliver day to day requirements.
- Responsible for the workstream deliverables, and to align with other workstreams on dependencies.
- Identify finance business requirements for certain key phases of the project.
- Coordinate detailed design and delivery of relevant finance processes in a seamless fashion, by collaborating with the key Finance Global Process Owner roles and senior leadership across the business.
- Working closely with Finance to lead the update of documentation and Risk and Control Matrices and process notes for new / changed processes - Ensure appropriate risks & controls are in place.
- Work collaboratively across the finance team, building effective working relationships with teams to deliver strategic business projects and to embed and embrace change across the function.
- Exercises the authority and ability to make the necessary process changes
- Expected to influence internal and external stakeholders and act as a champion for innovation and adoption of new practices
- Solves complex issues in project implementation and leads the processes needed to correct the problem
- Work closely in partnership with other teams within Finance Transformation to support the delivery of the Finance transformation strategy.
- Key stakeholder in the Primark Governance Framework, driving engagement and supporting others across Finance in preparing for and engaging with Governance forums.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Credibility to influence senior leaders across all areas of the business
- Commercial awareness and strategic mind-set, with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business
- Strong engagement and communication skills, with proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation, particularly with senior management
- Excellent planning and project management skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales
- Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability to inspire, lead, build & deliver through high performing teams
- Able to draw knowledge from a broad experience of financial roles
- Brings a challenger mentality and constantly looks for continuous improvement
- Process oriented, with good experience of delivering change across processes & systems
- Experience working on transformation programmes/change programmes desired across people, process and systems
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level +
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) an advantage
- 7+ years PQE having worked in finance roles and in a people management role
- Process oriented with a logical mind-set, using reasoning consistently to come to the correct conclusion
- Knowledge of transformation through business process change, automation (incl. RPA), Business Intelligence and data analytics would be advantageous. E.g. applications such as Automation Anywhere, Alteryx, MS Power Automate etc.
- Understanding of software delivery lifecycle an advantage particularly around requirement elicitation/refinement/documentation, UAT and business readiness (i.e. support from project to operations – user documentation, training, workshops)
- Accreditation and/or practitioner experience of Transformation, Change Management or Project Management e.g. APMG, PMI CAPM/PMP, Lean Six Sigma, Agile Product Owner, etc. would be advantageous
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience working in a large organisation with multi-currency and multi-national exposure
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.