R&D Tax Advisor - Open to Flexible Working
Business Tax Services - R&D Tax Advisor
An exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic, growing team in the EY Innovation Incentives group, based in London. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work in a diverse team of highly successful tax and industry specialists.
Serving a variety of very high-profile clients (FTSE 100 and 250 multinational companies) as well as exciting Fast Growth technology companies, we support companies in claiming R&D tax credits, which were introduced by the government to encourage UK companies to invest in innovation.
As a Tax Advisor in the team you will be working with a variety of clients from owner managed businesses to multinational groups, who are at the front line in developing cutting edge technology which is helping the UK to stay as a market leader by encouraging investment into research and development.
You will be required to work closely with clients’ finance & tax departments from all different sectors. Working with the EY Engineering or IT team you will be leading the development of the tax aspect of the R&D tax claim and making sure of compliance against tax legislation. As well as working directly on existing projects, you will also be offered the chance to support business development opportunities.
You’ll be based primarily at your home office but there will be a small requirement to travel when supporting the national team on projects around the country.
There is a clear path for progression for the right candidate and this is a unique opportunity to progress your career in one of EY’s leading tax teams.
Your key responsibilities:
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of R&D tax services to the client
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Assist with the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach
Skill and attributes for success:
- Corporate or R&D tax experience
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Either part qualified or the desire to work towards ACA/CA/ACCA/ATT/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course
- Strong Excel capability, including manipulating large and complex datasets
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Project management skills with the ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines and monitor own budget
What we look for:
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- The ability to build strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
- An analytical mindset and the skills to critically review and scrutinise financial data
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Build your legacy with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.